Ben

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ben

Our Ben - turning into a fine looking specimen at 19 months!

C+C welcome. Peter

Re: Ben

Originally posted by Petros View Post
    Our Ben - turning into a fine looking specimen at 19 months!

C+C welcome. Peter

C+C? Ben is a very handsome boy!

I think the background is a little distracting, especially that tree stump. If you wanted a 'show' shot a plainer backdrop might have been more appropriate.

Send Ben down, will you.

Comment

Thanks Rob, your points are accepted. Normal scenario is as soon as he sees the camera pointed in his direction he runs straight for me (in fun of course!), making this shot more acceptable as he was distracted at the time! Just a grabbed shot during a walk hence the background.

Comment

"Farm animals" + "Ben" - I was expecting a rat!

Good strong looking dog!
        I actively encourage constructive comment & critique of any image I post!
        Feel free to edit & re-post as you see fit - but please - tell me what you have done to 'improve' the shot!

Comment

"Farm animals" + "Ben" - I was expecting a rat!
          I did think of that myself, but this appears to be the right thread as far as I can see!

He is a very nice natured dog to boot (although they do say they take after their owners - or is it the other way round??)

Comment

I like the shot, it looks natural. Maybe if the the background was a bit blurred out it might take away the distraction that Rob mentioned.
            David

http://hotkeezphotography.blogspot.com/

Comment

I always think shots of animals (dogs especially) look more natural when they're taken from lower down – from about the level of the dog's eye. This might also help with backgrounds in some cases.
              Dave

Comment

Thanks Hotkees and Dave - this was more of a snapshot than a serious attempt at a doggy portrait. Need to try for one now though!

Comment

gota be good looking with a name like that
                  Ben

Comment

Working...
                  X