Grass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grass

Was out walking today and came upon some grasses being lit up in the afternoon sun. Not sure if I've done it justice.
    Taken on a Canon 550D with a 70-200mm f2.8L II USM lens

1/500sec @ f6.3 ISO 400 FL 70mm

Re: Grass

Simple, nicely composed and processed

Tom

Comment

this would have worked much better had you managed to get a plain dark background

Stan
      Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
      flickr

Comment

I like the simplicity of this.

If you push up the contrast the back ground will go darker and you could always clone out anything that then stands out in the background and distracts from the main feature. ie. your grass. Makes it a little more abstract, so it may not be your cup of tea.
        Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
        Di's Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Stan View Post
          this would have worked much better had you managed to get a plain dark background
          I kindof agree with Stan but this is a good image
          Canon EOS R6 Mark II, Canon RF 100-500mm f4.5-7.1L, Canon RF 24-105mm f4L
          Please note: I do not have or use Photoshop

flickr

Comment

Thanks for the comments. I did try and find a better background (I have many discarded pictures to prove that) and went around 360 degrees looking for it but to no avail. Also the light on the grass changed as I did so and didn't look as nice as in this image.

When I look at other people's pictures my eyes will center on the main subject, but sometimes my eyes roam and I find additional pleasure in other details that have been recorded. I don't always think of them as a distraction.

In my picture I agree that a plain background would probably be better but part of me also likes the background as if the grass is saying to its surrounding grasses, "Hey, look at me!" Maybe it's easier for me to say that as I am able to visualise the whole scene.

Just my view.

Kevin

Comment

Working...
            X