Folded bud

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Folded bud

Helios 44/2 lens - Canon 5D MkII body - 125 iso - shot @ f/4 - handheld - j-peg;

Folded bud by Peter McCullough Photography, on Flickr

Re: Folded bud

Like the Detail on the bud, not to fond of the central position of the bud on the frame as I find the blur a bit distraction and those bright spotted green leaves seem to take away from the bud IMO.

Tom

Comment

I would agree with Tom re composition, but I do like the sharpness and sense of anticipation.

Really nice,

Garry
      Garry Macdonald on Flickr
      Garry Macdonald on Facebook

Comment

I like the detail and the colour it really stands out from its background. What I'm not keen on is the position in the frame.

Hope you don't mind but I played a little. It's not perfect, but I'm hoping that it shows that a flower or bud doesn't have to sit in the middle of the frame to dominate it.

I've rotated the frame, and then cropped so the bud sits on two thirds and leaves one third negative space. I cloned back in the missing corners.

It's already gone from my computer, if you don't like it here, just say and I'll remove it.
        Last edited by DeeGee; 12-08-2013, 19:35.
        Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
        Di's Flickr

Comment

You may of course think it would look better if it came from the left corner.

Sorry, got there eventually.

It wouldn't upload and then suddenly there was three copies.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by DeeGee; 12-08-2013, 19:54.
          Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
          Di's Flickr

Comment

Working...
          X