My wife is getting the buzz (literally)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My wife is getting the buzz (literally)

Now when I take my 700D with me out on our walks, my wife brings along the 1100D with just the standard kit 18-55 lens and she is starting to get the buzz I get around photography - sometimes now being that annoying photographer that stands in my way to get her picture first and then claiming I was copying her idea ... :)

Here is one that I wont be able to copy in a rush, albeit that her aim was to focus on the flower and as the title of the thread says, literally got the buzz:

Incoming

EOS 1100D ¦ EF-S 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 IS II ¦ ISO100 ¦ 1/640 ¦ F5.6 ¦ Focal 55mm

Considering she was only focusing on the flower only, as thats her thing at the moment - floral pics, she was most disappointed the bee wasnt quite in focus.

She doesnt frequent the forum but I will pass on any comments received.
    Andy
    Canon 700D, Canon 1100D
    EF 24-105mm f/4.0L IS USM, EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II, EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM, EF 50mm F/1.8 II
    [Wishlist: EF 100mm f/2.8L IS USM Macro]

Re: My wife is getting the buzz (literally)

great photo Andy.... I think you should invite the wife along to the forum ( just don't send a message to mine with the same offer )

my wife is just the same after I bought her a bridge camera ( her choice THANKFULLY ) and we've been fighting over locations when out and about ... although I often walk off to take another shot and when I look around shes standing there waiting for me to move, with the comment "shift, pls"
    :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

As anyone that's been out with me will know I usually have jan in tow ,she uses my 60D and sigma 120-400 lens very skilfully and is better than most at spotting stuff and her i.d on birds puts many experts to shame ,it's actually nice to have a shared interst except when she gets better shots than me

Comment

You are a very honest person to say what you have just said re you wife. I can second what you have mentioned as I have been out with you and Jan and she does amaze me with what she has spotted, when I have seen nothing! A great gift/talent.
        Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

I find when I go out with the camera but without my wife, my photographs aren't nearly as good as those taken when she's with me - she often sees things I don't.

We tend to work as a team - she's the artistic one, I fill in the technical bits!

(i have to watch what I'm saying though - she does come on here occasionally! :-)
          Canon EOS 6D Mk II, 700D, Canon 24-105mm L, 100-400mm, 100mm f2.8 L Macro.

Comment

As you can tell by most of my post, she not only goes with me, she is been my model for almost 40 years.

Tom

Comment

Thank you all for your comments.
              Andy
              Canon 700D, Canon 1100D
              EF 24-105mm f/4.0L IS USM, EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II, EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM, EF 50mm F/1.8 II
              [Wishlist: EF 100mm f/2.8L IS USM Macro]

Comment

Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
                Di's Flickr

Comment

Working...
                X