Crystal Fountain

Clematis Crystal Fountain

Not so sure I like the processing.

Feel free to comment.

Clematis Crystal Fountain

Canon EOS 60D
    EF-S18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS
    Chris

60D, EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS, EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM, EF100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM,
    EF 50mm f/1.8 II, Sigma 10-20mm f3.5 EX DC

Re: Crystal Fountain

Chris, I love it .... but don't. Not sure why as its far better than I could produce.
    Neil

Comment

Looks like a fine piece of Art work Chris. Very well done

Tom

Comment

That's it. Art. Great photo but not art for me.
        Neil

Comment

very much a Chris shot & PP

I like what you've done but the flower at first looks soft but its only when zoom in on flickr you can see its pin sharp...

I'm not sure what it is but for me something isn't working, maybe its the lack of detail at this size or the harsh black background against the petals - something I recently tried with a similar problem was using the radial filter and invert it so the center was not effected and then played around with various effects to loose all the edge - If you recall it was the red rose I posted ( I don't like posting my images in others threads but if you want to see I'm happy to)
          :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

Originally posted by neilrich1966 View Post
            Chris, I love it .... but don't. Not sure why as its far better than I could produce.
            Thanks Neil, the more I look at it the more I can' make up my mind.
            Chris

60D, EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS, EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM, EF100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM,

Comment

Originally posted by tesarver View Post
              Looks like a fine piece of Art work Chris. Very well done

Tom
              Thanks Tom but that's the trouble for me, I wasn't trying to produce a fine piece art. Not sure I know what I was trying to produce?
              Chris

Comment

Originally posted by neilrich1966 View Post
                That's it. Art. Great photo but not art for me.
                Thanks Neil.
                Chris

Comment

Originally posted by Tigger View Post
                  very much a Chris shot & PP

I like what you've done but the flower at first looks soft but its only when zoom in on flickr you can see its pin sharp...

I'm not sure what it is but for me something isn't working, maybe its the lack of detail at this size or the harsh black background against the petals - something I recently tried with a similar problem was using the radial filter and invert it so the center was not effected and then played around with various effects to loose all the edge - If you recall it was the red rose I posted ( I don't like posting my images in others threads but if you want to see I'm happy to)
                  Thanks Ian. The trouble with these flowers are the colours are dull and drab, especially for a clematis, but I like the form, shape and texture. I was trying to boost the colours without losing the form, shape and texture. Processing started ok but somewhere I kind of lost the plot. Changing the background does nothing for it, I tried them all, black seems to work best.

The more I look at it the more I think it should go bin ward. But as I go to hit delete I think I kinda like it.

As for posting images on my threads feel free to post anything you want, it all helps.
                  Chris

Comment

I know where your coming from chris and I've been stuck many times with similar problems

The process I was thinking that could work was this as you could loose the edge and pull all the attention into the center

Single Rose by Ian Theobald, on Flickr

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

Comment

Originally posted by Tigger View Post
                      I know where your coming from chris and I've been stuck many times with similar problems

The process I was thinking that could work was this as you could loose the edge and pull all the attention into the center
                      Thanks Ian. This works well with your rose, not sure it will with the clematis, but I will give it a go.
                      Chris

Comment

you never know....looking forward to seeing it

Comment

Working...
                        X