Flowers in the wind

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flowers in the wind

Windy today - found two flowers in the whole garden that occasionally stayed still (ish).

IMG_9873 by Neil Richardson, on Flickr

IMG_9879 by Neil Richardson, on Flickr
    Neil

Re: Flowers in the wind

Well done to get them so sharp on a windy day - it can be so frustrating - I usually end up picking them and photographing them in the kitchen - nice and warm, too!

The shadows on the buttercup are a bit distracting -maybe better to shoot when the sun's not out fully?
    Di

Comment

I like the 1st, seems more natural than the 2nd, I think it's perhaps too closely cropped?

Regards Paul

Comment

Nice set Neil

Tom

Comment

Thanks Di, Paul and Tom for your comments.

Di, I would have to be sure if weeds or other before I picked flowers - prefer to keep my equipment intact!
          Neil

Comment

nice shots Neil ....

the first is nice but the full sun has blown the flower out and as Di pointed out better when not in direct sun ....

I do think the second could be made better with some further tweaking - try using a radial filter so that all the attention is pulled to the center
            :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

What Diana and Ian said and with the buttercup reduce the highlights, lighten the shadows (don't overdo it though) and it should look better, shadows on flowers usually add interest
              Chris

60D, EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS, EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM, EF100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM,
              EF 50mm f/1.8 II, Sigma 10-20mm f3.5 EX DC

Comment

Thanks for looking and advice, i'll give it a go.
                Neil

Comment

Working...
                X