Apples on the tree

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apples on the tree

Just messing about in the garden this afternoon and came back with this, just curious what you think, all comments welcome

EOS 650D & EF-S 18-55mm, Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS II USM, Tamron SP 70-300mm F/4-5.6 Di VC US, Tamron 28-105mm F/4-5.6, Canon EF 50 mm f/1.8 II

Re: Apples on the tree

A nice picture, I like the cobweb and rain on the apples, it may have benefitted from a slightly shallower DOF to push the fruit and leaves in the background more out of focus but still a good picture,

Comment

Doesn't appeal to me. Shows it has been raining but there is no focal point to the pic. The spider's web is OK but no clear sight of the spider.
      Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

The spider is in sunny Kent visiting Muscat
        ef-r

Comment

I go along with Muscat in that a shallower DOF would have made the apples and web more prominent.
          I just had a "peek" and noticed you used a ISO of 640 which I would have thought was perhaps a bit high, unless it was really poor light.

David
          David

Comment

I agree with Nathaniel, more focus on the web would have been nice to draw you into the frame,as it is you are drawn to the first three apples off to the right if you see what i mean,but a good try.

Paul
            EOS 1Dx, - EF 24-105L f4,- Sigma 135 f1.8 Art - EF 400L IS f2.8, - Speedlite 430EXII.
            Freelance Sports Photographer for local Press - https://twitter.com/P_linton99

Comment

Working...
            X