Autumn leaves...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Autumn leaves...

Finally managed a whole day off on Sunday; no work, no decorating, no other domestic chores, no family crises to resolve, no visitors; and the icing on the cake - the prospect of a decent day weather wise...

So we went to Kew Gardens for the day... Not a great deal yet in the way of autumnal colours; but enough to whet my whistle...

Hope you enjoy;

All images; 40D, 100 f/2.8 macro; EXIF s/be intact...

1. The inevitable maple;

2. Another maple;

3. Sweet Chestnut (I think!);

4. A lonesome Virginia Creeper leaf;

5. Desperately hanging on to the remnants of a summer long gone...

6. I can never resist blue & yellow contrasts...

Cheers...
    I actively encourage constructive comment & critique of any image I post!
    Feel free to edit & re-post as you see fit - but please - tell me what you have done to 'improve' the shot!

Re: Autumn leaves...

C-F,
    I guess this is the only good thing about Autumn....the colours.....
    All great shots with the best being the last, the yellow leaves and blue sky have something magic about them.

David
    David

Comment

Number 2 in on my screen a bit unsharp or is that soft. I love number 6, great colours against the blue sky!
      With kind regards,
      Friso

Canon EOS 70D | Canon EF 24-105mm f/4 L IS USM | Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 | Canon EFS 10-18mm f/4.5-5.6mm IS STM | Sigma 17-50mm f/2.8 |

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128548396@N08/

Comment

David/Fr1so; Many thanks for your comments...

Fr1so; #2 looks OK to me... it is a very shallow depth-of-field though
        Feel free to edit & re-post as you see fit - but please - tell me what you have done to 'improve' the shot!

Comment

I like them all great shots.

Coda
          There will be times when you will be in the field without a camera. And, you will see the most glorious sunset or the most beautiful scene that you have ever witnessed. Don't be bitter because you can't record it. Sit down, drink it in, and enjoy it for what it is!

Comment

Great shots, I love the colours in autumn, and it also means dark skies are coming........ thanks for sharing.

Gary

Comment

Originally posted by gary1968 View Post
              ...it also means dark skies are coming...
              That's just what I thought when I woke-up this morning... Dark mornings have arrived as well!

Comment

Hi CF
                4 and 6 for me. I was going to do something with one of the virginia creeper leaves from our garden but by the time i got round to it they had all gone

Stan
                Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
                flickr

Comment

Working...
                X