Amaryllis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amaryllis

My wife bought them, I thought I would try a few pics... all comments welcome

EOS 1DX, EOS 5D mkiii, EOS 7D, EF 17-40mm f4 L USM, EF 24-70mm f2.8 L II USM, EF 70-200mm f2.8 L II IS USM, EF 50mm f1.2 L, EF-S 60mm f2.8 Macro USM, Speedlite 580EX

Re: Amaryllis

Cannot believe that no one has commented on these.

I like these and my comments are really at the last 3 as I find the bits of green leaf at the bottom becoming more of a distraction the closer you have got to the Amaryllis

David
    David

Comment

Thanks David, Now I look at them I can see that... I will try cloning them out an see what happens...
      EOS 1DX, EOS 5D mkiii, EOS 7D, EF 17-40mm f4 L USM, EF 24-70mm f2.8 L II USM, EF 70-200mm f2.8 L II IS USM, EF 50mm f1.2 L, EF-S 60mm f2.8 Macro USM, Speedlite 580EX

Comment

Hi Ian, sorry, seem to have missed this. these do look really dramatic, with all the dark shading contrasting with the reds and greens. I like the the first shot, although I would have tried a slightly deeper depth of field to get more of them in focus.
        I am really getting to like close ups of plants and flowers, and I like the idea of the last shot. I would have tried to single the single out and used it alone. it may be my screen, but it looks like the focus missed this a bit. nice idea though, think I'll have to get my wife a bunch
        David

EOS 1000D EFS18-55mm, EF 75-300mm, Kenko DG Extension Tubes

Please bare with me on replies to your comments as my work commitments keep me away from here during the week.
        All of your comments and advice are gratefully received and appreciated though

Comment

Working...
        X