Anemone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anemone

This is a shot from a Anemone taken inside.
    Hope you like it, feedback on technique etc. is welcome.

Camera EOS 5D, 100 mm Macro 2.8.

Regards, TjerkAnnemoon1 010.jpg

Re: Anemone

Technique wise very Good i like it,My only concern is there's no focal point to the image to draw my eye into the picture,(in my own opinion ?) Think that's one of the hardest things to achieve with using a macro, focusing has to be spot on in the right area to lead you in !!, But great attempt.

Paul
    EOS 1Dx, - EF 24-105L f4,- Sigma 135 f1.8 Art - EF 400L IS f2.8, - Speedlite 430EXII.
    Freelance Sports Photographer for local Press - https://twitter.com/P_linton99

Comment

I like it - very fond of petal shots! I feel that the 2 petals right in front do kind of lead one's eye into the image. Love the detail - it's allays amazing how hairy petals can be!

Comment

I like it, too. Gorgeous colours and lots of detail. I think paul is right, it lacks a focal point, but framed as an abstract and on the right wall it doesn't necessarily need one. Since it's a square crop, if you have more to either side you could recrop it to put the point of the middle petal on a third and see if that improves the composition, but it's a very good image regardless.
        Canon EOS7D mkII+BG-E16, Canon EOS 7D+BG-E7, Canon EF-S 10-22 f/3.5-4.5, Tamron Di-II 17-50 f2.8, Canon EF 24-105 f/4L IS, Canon EF 70-200 f/4L, Sigma 30mm f1.4 DC HSM 'Art', Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM, Sigma 1.4x DG, Canon Speedlight 430EX II (x2)

Comment

Thank you for the comments. Next week when I'm home I'll try to recrop the image according to your advice. After that I'll post the recropped image.

Comment

Hello again, here is the original image and another picture of another Anemone.
            Feel free to crop the original picture so I can learn from it.

Regards,
            Tjerk
            Attached Files

Comment

Tjerk, I like the detail in #1 and prefer the format of the original shot, I think I can see whar you were trying to do with the crop but feel that it needs some form of focal point to make it really work for me.

Again I like the square crop in the second anemone but it seems soft to me, I don't know if this is due to the upload or if the image didn't quite have enough DOF as the edge looks sharp but softer in the middle

Comment

Working...
              X