Rose on Black

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rose on Black

Yep, that rose bush called me again. A bub sticking out, so its background was the fencing which is painted dark blue but looks very black in the shadows under the tree and behind the rose bush.

Used a car window screen sun shade (foil) on the floor to throw some light back to the back of the flower... think its worked, what do you think?

Of course taken with the Canon 500D and the 55-250mm is lens.

WDYT?
    Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
    Di's Flickr

Re: Rose on Black

Di looks good to me and i would say the improvised reflector has done a good job, very nice photo IMHO

Comment

I think you keep showing what I can accomplish with my cam and lens (same as yours) and I like it!
      Thanks for the inspiration.
      Rutger
      Do feel free to comment on any of my contributions.
      EOS-500D. Flickr: _rutger_

Comment

nicely lit Di, showing good colour and detail
        My camera is helping to look at the world more closely, then record what I see to share with others.

http://imagesfromnature.foliopic.com

Comment

The good old Halfords sun reflector works well. Real advantage of them is that they can be bent easily whereas standard reflectors are flat.

It certainly has brought out the colour very well. Perhaps retake with a little more DOF?
          ef-r

Comment

Thanks all...

The good old Halfords sun reflector works well. Real advantage of them is that they can be bent easily whereas standard reflectors are flat.
            Even better, its long enough to lay down on when doing those - laid flat out on the grass shots - and doubled layers so the spiky things don't get me. Would you believe I bought one specially for the camera bag.

Will certainly be revisiting this rose bush. So will try again with the extra dof.
            Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
            Di's Flickr

Comment

Working...
            X