X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stumped

Just liked this, comments wanted.

Stumped. by David Miller, on Flickr

Maybe a bit tight in the frame but quite nice.
    Canon 5D3, 7D2, 60D, Canon 70-200L f2.8 IS II, Canon 300 f4L IS, Canon 16-35 f4 L, Canon 24-105mm f/4L IS USM, Canon 1.4 MkIII extender, Sigma AF 10-20mm f/3.5 EX DC HSM, Sigma 150-600 Contemporary, Tamron SP AF 70-300 F/4-5.6 Di VC USD, Canon EF-S 18-55mm 1:3.5-5.6 IS
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/16830751@N03/

Comment

Originally posted by antoeknee View Post
      Maybe a bit tight in the frame but quite nice.
      My thoughts too, on the left side a flower is going out of the frame and the twiggy thing on the right of the stump is going out of the top of the frame.
      I know you don’t post process David so you’ll have to go revisit the stump with secateurs to do a little bit of a tidy up to remove the twig. Then shoot it again remembering to compose to include that flower on the left
      Peter

Feel free to browse my
      Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/the_original_st/

Comment

Really nice image, have you thought about putting it in B&W?
        Railway Photography - Steam Train Photos

Comment

Come on Colin I have a reputation on here, B & W.

Comment

I'm another one who thinks it's too tight in the frame. I'd like to see more of the adjacent flowers.

John

Comment

Thanks for the comments, I will give it another go tomorrow.

Comment

The yellow flower on the left and the twigy thing would complete the picture. My thinking.

Comment

That is great, I just love stuff like that
                  Trev

Equipment - According to the wife more than a Camera Shop got

Flickr:
                  https://www.flickr.com/photos/trevb2639/

Comment

you’ll have to go revisit the stump with secateurs to do a little bit of a tidy up to remove the twig
                    David - Is doing this less of a sin than removing it in PP? !

Seriously though , I like the shot but the yellow poppies are for me a distraction. How about focusing in on that lovely bark and the bluey-white flowers?

See that's the opposite of CasaRova and Swanny....................................we're all different !
                    Canon EOS R5, R6 plus the usual suspects ......

https://www.flickr.com/photos/bo_fo_to

Comment

Oh Bo what a dilemma you put me in, yes in the past I have removed the odd grass stem in the way, but then that is showing MY own initial artistic interpretation, not thinking that will be fine I will just change it in pp. And while I am at it I can change the colour of that flower or the sky or add one of my bird shots on top of the stump. So I will stay different & see what I can achieve within my camera & just the occasional pair of scissors in my pocket.
                      P.S. The blue flowers are “ forget me nots”, quite appropriate.
                      Last edited by Daisy M; 19-05-2020, 17:59.

Comment

As a natural scene...and it sounds like it will be revisited , I'd suggest more dof...to get the poppy and foreground stems in focus.
                        Brian Vickers LRPS

brianvickersphotography.com

Comment

Fair enough David, only teasing really. I don’t think any of us think twice about moving a bit of foliage out of the way when making a shot.
                          My mother was a landscape painter and telegraph poles and pylons just jumped out of the way when she sat down at a scene.....
                          Canon EOS R5, R6 plus the usual suspects ......

https://www.flickr.com/photos/bo_fo_to

Comment

Originally posted by lunarbo View Post
                            Fair enough David, only teasing really. I don’t think any of us think twice about moving a bit of foliage out of the way when making a shot.
                            My mother was a landscape painter and telegraph poles and pylons just jumped out of the way when she sat down at a scene.....
                            My neighbour was given a beautiful painting of our joint view as a birthday present, but she complained that it wasn't her view as the artist had removed the power pylon & cable, so you cannot be right or wrong with any art form.

Comment

Stump pt 2. by David Miller, on Flickr

Stump Mk2. Any better?

Comment

Working...
                              X