Poppies (20056)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Poppies (20056)

Could not resist this lovely field of poppies located about 5 miles from my home. As my Canon was at home, I used my Olympus E400 which lives in the boot of my car. Access was very poor & I got as close as I could using using my 40-150 lens mounted on a rather spindly tripod. Image is HDR

Re: Poppies (20056)

Not sure if you should be posting images on here not taken with a EOS camera

Comment

Well yes, but maybe we shouldn't be inflexible and cut some slack, or at least add some comments about the shot?

The "spindly tripod" did the trick, Bill. I like your presentation and can imagine it on the wall!

Also, I was wondering why HDR?
      The Image Plane
      Snapshots of Anything

Comment

I think Bill justified his use of the Olympus ... same reason I carry a small nikon coolpix in my handbag ( and for the record I really dislike that camera) .... and I am glad he posted it because the field of poppies is a treat for eyes that only see post modern glass and chrome buildings and desert sand on a daily basis...reminds me of what I am missing...

Bill, I would have taken the shot lying down to try and get full length stems in the foreground and some sky in the upper image as it would have created a huge colour contrast and would have given better emphasis to the colour of the poppies. Maybe would have gone as far as to use a UWA lens.

Nonetheless a great image ... my eyes appreciated it here in the desert of Dubai ...
        Pippa

Comment

Originally posted by White Butterfly View Post
          ... my eyes appreciated it here in the desert of Dubai ...
          Pippa
          You really don't like it there, do you?

Nice shot, Bill. I find reds are so tricky with flowers - they can easily get blown out. Looks OK here though.

Comment

Carregwen, it is just that I am so used to acres of green in my garden in SA with 400 rose bushes etc etc ...here in Dubai there is very little that is verdent ... I now have a garden at the back of my villa that is smaller than my SA swimming pool! As a result there are few opportunities to photograph images like the above field unless I travel out of the UAE but I am going to SA for two weeks at end of November so watch the Africa thread ...I will if I am lucky be able to post some images. YAY!!!! Does that say it all... :)

Comment

good shot bill, I don't think it really matters that you didn't take it with a canon. next time just say its a canon, no one will know the difference. do you frame all your photos the same way? with the title and name below? like it, different.

Comment

Working...
              X