Giant White Knee Tarantula

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Giant White Knee Tarantula

Following on from the Molt post HERE I promised a photo of her again, so here you are.

Used the 500D with 18-55 kit lens for a change. Can get a little closer too.

EOS 500D, 1/60 @ f/4.5, ISO 400, EF-S 18-55mm @ 35mm
    Previously "The Real Swoosh"

My Blog..HERE....My website.....SECONDINTIME.....Flickr HERE..... 500px HERE

EOS 60D, EF- 70-200 L (non is), EF-24-105 L, EF-17-40 L , EF 100mm Macro, , EF 50mm II, 580 EX II, Canon S90. Kids Kit. EOS 500D, EF-S 18-55mm, EF-S 55-250mm IS Manfrotto 3405B Tripod. Hama Compact pro Tripod. Giottos MTL 9351B Tripod, Giottos MH 1300 Head, Manfrotto 790B Monopod. Billingham Hadley Pro. Lowepro 202AW Slingshot Bag.

Re: Giant White Knee Tarantula

I think that is too close for my comfort.
    Nice image though (if I can call a spider nice).

Comment

Great detailed image.
      I'm not surprised you never went closer
      I got the 18-55is lens with my 600D as I couldn't get a "body only" camera.
      I was surprised at the image quality and close focusing of this lens.

Mike
      www.mstphoto.zenfolio.com

http://www.flickr.com/photos/27554645@N05/

Comment

Originally posted by SamFisher View Post
        Great detailed image.
        I'm not surprised you never went closer
        I got the 18-55is lens with my 600D as I couldn't get a "body only" camera.
        I was surprised at the image quality and close focusing of this lens.

Mike
        Thanks.

Its the first time I've used the 500D or kit lens since getting the 60D and a 17-85mm. I took a few with each set up, and the 500D with kit lens was the better photo in this particular case. I could get closer, and the flash wasn't so harsh. I could have messed about with the 60D flash settings but didn't. 500D is a great camera, and the kit lens is not too shabby either. Will certainly make an effort to pick it up more often.

EOS 60D, EF- 70-200 L (non is), EF-24-105 L, EF-17-40 L , EF 100mm Macro, , EF 50mm II, 580 EX II, Canon S90. Kids Kit. EOS 500D, EF-S 18-55mm, EF-S 55-250mm IS Manfrotto 3405B Tripod. Hama Compact pro Tripod. Giottos MTL 9351B Tripod, Giottos MH 1300 Head, Manfrotto 790B Monopod. Billingham Hadley Pro. Lowepro 202AW Slingshot Bag.

Comment

Right... I've just had an image of finding him/her under the bed.

Have to say nice detail showing the hairs and colours.
          Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
          Di's Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by DeeGee View Post
            Right... I've just had an image of finding him/her under the bed.

Have to say nice detail showing the hairs and colours.
            Thanks, just to give you an idea of scale, so you know what you are looking out for, each leg is about 40mm long! so you shouldn't miss it.

Comment

I wouldnt want that under my bed!
              Good sharp image by the way

Comment

Thanks, just to give you an idea of scale, so you know what you are looking out for, each leg is about 40mm long! so you shouldn't miss it.
                To give us a better idea of scale just post a photo of her on your hand
                Martin
                Canon 7D,EFS 15-85 IS USM, EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II

Comment

What a hairy beast and well captured.

Would have been better if you had moved the leaves from the right top corner

Stan
                  Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
                  flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Applefan View Post
                    To give us a better idea of scale just post a photo of her on your hand
                    You are welcome to pop round and have a go. One of the worst breeds to handle, very aggressive. OK if done from tiny spiderling, which she wasn't.

Originally posted by Stan View Post
                    What a hairy beast and well captured.

Would have been better if you had moved the leaves from the right top corner

Stan
                    Thanks Stan, did try but she got a bit upset and had a go at the tongs. Thought I'd leave her where she was.

Comment

how many lens does she have?
                      Col

Comment

nice close-up shot. i better start using my kit lens more often
                        regards
                        Donald

Comment

Working...
                        X