What is it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is it?

Happy for someone to identify this for me. However the main reason for posting is again to show off what my son (12) has captured. Really proud of his photos, seems to have a real eye for it, its too late for me, but not for him, or my daughter who also loves photography and takes some corkers.

What I like about this photo is that he spotted it, and just cracked on with what was on his camera, in this case a 55-250mm on a 500D. He took a few on different settings and this was the best. Other than crop and convert to JPG its straight out of the camera. Cropped HD dimensions as he wanted it as wallpaper on his laptop.

I would have faffed about swapping lenses, setting up tripod etc etc, he just got on with it and caught a great shot.

500D, 1/320 @ f/9, ISO 320, 55-250 @ 250mm.

Fly by The Real Swoosh, on Flickr
    Last edited by secondintime; 14-04-2012, 18:18.
    Previously "The Real Swoosh"

My Blog..HERE....My website.....SECONDINTIME.....Flickr HERE..... 500px HERE

EOS 60D, EF- 70-200 L (non is), EF-24-105 L, EF-17-40 L , EF 100mm Macro, , EF 50mm II, 580 EX II, Canon S90. Kids Kit. EOS 500D, EF-S 18-55mm, EF-S 55-250mm IS Manfrotto 3405B Tripod. Hama Compact pro Tripod. Giottos MTL 9351B Tripod, Giottos MH 1300 Head, Manfrotto 790B Monopod. Billingham Hadley Pro. Lowepro 202AW Slingshot Bag.

Re: What is it?

Very nice indeed. Very sharp with good detail. Perhaps now you should let your son take shots of your tarantulla.
    Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

Originally posted by Nathaniel View Post
      Very nice indeed. Very sharp with good detail. Perhaps now you should let your son take shots of your tarantulla.
      Thanks, thats an idea! I could set him loose with the 100mm macro, I certainly wouldn't want to get that close but he might! Hee hee.
      Previously "The Real Swoosh"

My Blog..HERE....My website.....SECONDINTIME.....Flickr HERE..... 500px HERE

EOS 60D, EF- 70-200 L (non is), EF-24-105 L, EF-17-40 L , EF 100mm Macro, , EF 50mm II, 580 EX II, Canon S90. Kids Kit. EOS 500D, EF-S 18-55mm, EF-S 55-250mm IS Manfrotto 3405B Tripod. Hama Compact pro Tripod. Giottos MTL 9351B Tripod, Giottos MH 1300 Head, Manfrotto 790B Monopod. Billingham Hadley Pro. Lowepro 202AW Slingshot Bag.

Comment

It looks like you have some Apiarists living round your way somewhere? I am almost sure this is a honey bee?

Comment

Excellent detail along the whole length. Looks like a bee of some kind but whatever it is, if he carrys on like this you might as well give up

Stan
          Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
          flickr

Comment

Great shot, very nice done with the bee the only colour against the grey
            Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
            Di's Flickr

Comment

It is a honey bee, Apis mellifera. Johnnybee the apiarist.

Comment

Originally posted by johnnybee View Post
                It is a honey bee, Apis mellifera. Johnnybee the apiarist.
                I was going to say wasp, so I'm glad I didn't now!

12 years old, and getting shots like this... keep encouraging him mate, and it would probably be worth you while taking him with you next time you're out... you can post his shots on here and claim they're yours!

Good job! Well done, all the best, Mike.
                flickr
                5D4 : 7D2 : 16-35 f4 L : 24-105 II L : 70-200 f2.8 L : 100-400 II L : Macro 100 f2.8 L : Manfrotto CX055 Pro3

Comment

Working...
                X