Painted Lady Butterfly on a Sunflower

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Painted Lady Butterfly on a Sunflower

I'm sorry don't have the capture details, I know it was roughly f22 on the 16-35 Mk II lens and probably around 1000th of a second, just wanted to post something warm for such a grey day. This was shot in October of 2009, not long after I tore my second ankle tendon so was only photographing in the backyard (about 10' x 12') drove me nuts!

painted lady butterfly by GavHamilton, on Flickr
    Sorry I've not been around much. Sadly the ankle surgery and carpal tunnel surgery have both been unsuccessful, so have to wait and see what happens next. I hope to be shooting a lot more in the future!

Twitter: @PicturesqueScot

Re: Painted Lady Butterfly on a Sunflower

Nicely composed and the sky was perfectly exposed

Tom

Comment

Originally posted by kiwigav View Post
      I'm sorry don't have the capture details, I know it was roughly f22 on the 16-35 Mk II lens and probably around 1000th of a second
      Gav - click the picture, this takes you to your Flickr photo, click 'Actions' then 'View EXIF info'
      Your shot was 1/500, f5, 31mm, iso500!
      BTW, I like the shot, but a looser crop and more flower in shot would also place the butterfly on a third. Lovely colours!

Regards

Mike
      flickr
      5D4 : 7D2 : 16-35 f4 L : 24-105 II L : 70-200 f2.8 L : 100-400 II L : Macro 100 f2.8 L : Manfrotto CX055 Pro3

Comment

Thank Mike, must've been other ones I did that day at f22. It's funny I looked at the info on my computer... I just realised, oh I feel stupid, I had 3 files that I was uploading selected! That's why it wouldn't give me shot details!

Thanks for the C&C, there will be looser cropped ones from that day, only one I can find on my laptop:

Painted Lady Butterfly - Sunflower - Musselburg - UK by GavHamilton, on Flickr

1Ds MkIII
        ISO:320
        Ap: f5
        Exp: 640
        lens: ef 16-35mm
        filters: polariser
        extenders: none.
        Sorry I've not been around much. Sadly the ankle surgery and carpal tunnel surgery have both been unsuccessful, so have to wait and see what happens next. I hope to be shooting a lot more in the future!

Comment

Originally posted by tesarver View Post
          Nicely composed and the sky was perfectly exposed

Tom
          Thanks for that Tom. Much appreciated. Got very lucky with the sky that day, so beautiful blue!

Comment

Very nice Gav it feels like summer just looking at the image
            Canon EOS R6 Mark II, Canon RF 100-500mm f4.5-7.1L, Canon RF 24-105mm f4L
            Please note: I do not have or use Photoshop

flickr

Comment

lovely colors!
              regards
              Donald

Comment

Working...
              X