more dragonflys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

more dragonflys

went for a walk round lowther lake, allerton bywater whilst walking the dog. 1D MKiv and 70-200 f2.8 mk2 with 580ex ii
    heavy crops from the originals

iso 100, 200mm, f2.8, 1/500 sec

iso 200, 200mm, f7.1, 1/400 sec

iso 200, 180mm, f7.1, 1/300 sec

iso 200, 168mm, f4, 1/300 sec

iso 200, 175mm, f4, 1/1000

Re: more dragonflys

Nice series, except for the 1st one the others seem to be a bit bright IMO. Of the set, I like the on in flight minus that big white strip near the bottom 3rd. Would be tempted to clone that out of the photo.

Tom

Comment

many thanks Tom, can i just ask but do the pic's seem over exposed or just very bright? i only ask as i'm trying to get to grips with fill in flash, or maybe my screen on my laptop needs calibrating. the 1st looks dark and the rest look ok here.
      regards Mark.

Comment

more dragonflys

For me, other than the 1st, the highlights seem to be overexposed.

Tom

Comment

A nice set of images, and would agree with what Tom has said about the highlights, oh and my mac's screen has just been calibrated. But I really like the last image, with it's sharp subject and nice bokeh.

John

Comment

Nice set,
            On my screen the dragonfly looks about right its only the plant leaves that are a bit over exposed.
            But as they say everybody's screen is slightly different.

Paul
            EOS 1Dx, - EF 24-105L f4,- Sigma 135 f1.8 Art - EF 400L IS f2.8, - Speedlite 430EXII.
            Freelance Sports Photographer for local Press - https://twitter.com/P_linton99

Comment

Great set Mark and capturing a dragonfly in flight is a great bonus, well done.
              Canon EOS R6 Mark II, Canon RF 100-500mm f4.5-7.1L, Canon RF 24-105mm f4L
              Please note: I do not have or use Photoshop

flickr

Comment

Working...
              X