X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comma Butterfly

Comma Butterfly by Fat Fawlty, on Flickr

Re: Comma Butterfly

An interesting perspective you took for this image, however it is one that doesn't work for me as the DOF is to shallow and what appears to be n focus seems soft.

Tom

Comment

Thanks Tom you are right not my best but it was the first comma I have seen so rushed to get photo(thats my excuse anyway)

Comment

Originally posted by Fawlty View Post
        it was the first comma I have seen so rushed to get photo(thats my excuse anyway)
        I would of done the same thing, well spotted
        Canon EOS R6 Mark II, Canon RF 100-500mm f4.5-7.1L, Canon RF 24-105mm f4L
        Please note: I do not have or use Photoshop

flickr

Comment

For a grab shot, that's OK, it's all to do with the experience gained.

You didn't say whether you wanted critique, but the Flickr EXIF states 1/1600, f5.6, 300mm, iso 800. f5.6 is a bit shallow for DoF, so you could have increased the exposure to f8 and used 1/800, or to f11 at 1/400, both of which would have increased your DoF, and given a better focus, whilst still preserving a fast enough shutter speed. Once you've got the first 'grab' shot, if you have time, it's always worth checking your shot details and histogram to see what you can improve for the next shot (if there's time)! Hope you don't mind me telling you, but I hope you find it useful!

All the best, Mike.
          flickr
          5D4 : 7D2 : 16-35 f4 L : 24-105 II L : 70-200 f2.8 L : 100-400 II L : Macro 100 f2.8 L : Manfrotto CX055 Pro3

Comment

Hi Mike Thank you for your advice,I am a relative newcomber to SLR photography after using a point and shoot for a while any and all advice is welcomed

Comment

Working...
            X