Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Barnes WWT - Sat 29 June

Hi one and all.

I decided to go to Barnes WWT today to chill in the sunshine and to see what was about... strangely quiet on the bird front, so I focussed on other things!

It was also good to accidentally meet up with Stan and Dee, so, thanks for your company for a large chunk of the day!

All shots taken on my 7D, with 70-300 L.

First up, these bugs were enjoying the sunshine!

It's a bug's life! by mikep_eos, on Flickr

as were these Damselflies (?)

Damselflies mating by mikep_eos, on Flickr

This has got to be the cutest shot I have of a Mute Swan cygnet...

Mute Swan cygnet by mikep_eos, on Flickr

but it's not all animals... there's quite an impressive range of flowers etc...

Flower by mikep_eos, on Flickr

Many of the new parents are being very protective of 'their patch' at the moment... so lot's of squabbles occurring!

Fight or flight - literally! by mikep_eos, on Flickr

then we all spent some time by the said flowers, getting some Bee shots! I'm sure Stan and Dee's will be much better than these two, but here's a couple of my favourites... (both are BIF's - Bees In Flight)!

Bee in flight by mikep_eos, on Flickr

Bee in flight by mikep_eos, on Flickr

As always - C&C welcome. I hope you enjoy them.

All the best, Mike.
    flickr
    5D4 : 7D2 : 16-35 f4 L : 24-105 II L : 70-200 f2.8 L : 100-400 II L : Macro 100 f2.8 L : Manfrotto CX055 Pro3

Re: Barnes WWT - Sat 29 June

Great set Mike.
    7D, 400D, EF-S 15-85 f3.5/5.6, EF 100 f2.8 USM macro, Sigma 10-20 f4/5.6, Sigma 70-300 f4/5.6 APO, Sigma 50 f1.4, EF 28-90, EF 90-300, Sigma 150-600C, 430 EXll, Yongnuo 568 EX ll, Yongnuo Triggers, Yongnuo YN14-EX Ring Flash

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/94610707@N05/

Comment

Mike you are getting good at this photography stuff.
      Love the cygnet, herons fighting and the bee in flight but all are good, sharp and great colours.
      Well done.
      I hope you bought Stan and Dee lunch ....
      Canon EOS R6 Mark II, Canon RF 100-500mm f4.5-7.1L, Canon RF 24-105mm f4L
      Please note: I do not have or use Photoshop

flickr

Comment

It was also good to accidentally meet up with Stan and Dee, so, thanks for your company for a large chunk of the day!
        getting to become a bit of a habit - but a good one.

I think the bugs were enjoying a bit more than the sunshine as were the damsels - not seen 3 together like that before.

Well done for the BIF, I think most of mine were BHFA - bees have flown away

Not gonna get a chance to do much with ours taday as we are off to the beach to relax and then there are around 400 or so shots from Brownsea on Friday to finish sorting

Stan
        Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
        flickr

Comment

Very good Mike...esp. the last Bee. I can see you getting a macro lens next...its all rather addictive. Im off to do some macro myself later today - fingers crossed.

Comment

As you have demonstrate Mike, there is always something to photograph.

Tom
            Last edited by tesarver; 30-06-2013, 12:01.

Comment

Many thanks Bill, Stephen, Stan, Rob and Tom, for viewing and commenting.

@Stephen - no, didn't buy them lunch, but I did let them clear the table afterwards, and take my plate and cup back. It's the least I could do!
              @Stan - I'll keep my eye out for your Brownsea and Barnes shots! No rush! As to BHFA - lol! I won't tell you how many I've binned, but glad I got a couple of flight shots.
              @Rob - Yes, a macro lens is on the list. It was 'interesting' trying to 'do macro' at 300mm, as I had to stand well back, and try and track the Bees in flight... hence why I've binned most of them! You only get to see the OK shots on here, so that's OK!
              @Tim (!), yep, certainly agree. I travelled light, only had camera and 1 lens, spare battery and card. Certainly makes you work a bit harder!

Cheers, Mike.
              flickr
              5D4 : 7D2 : 16-35 f4 L : 24-105 II L : 70-200 f2.8 L : 100-400 II L : Macro 100 f2.8 L : Manfrotto CX055 Pro3

Comment

Originally posted by mikep View Post
                @Stephen - no, didn't buy them lunch, but I did let them clear the table afterwards, and take my plate and cup back. It's the least I could do!
                LOL
                Canon EOS R6 Mark II, Canon RF 100-500mm f4.5-7.1L, Canon RF 24-105mm f4L
                Please note: I do not have or use Photoshop

flickr

Comment

Nice set Mike, especially the bees.

Dave.
                  www.microwyred.co.uk

Comment

I agree with everyone the bees are really good Mike. The swan cygnet is definitely on the ahhh scale, the water looks great and they all have great colours. Today through boredom, I was trying macro with my tamron shooting a bluebottle, good way to hone one's panning skills.

TomB.
                    Am I qualified to comment on others!

Canon EOS-60D - EF 24-105mm f4
                    L IS USM - Tamron Adaptall2 500mm f/8 with 2x converter - Meike Speedlight MK950 - LEE Filters: professional kit, ND Grad (hard) .3 .6 .9, Coral 4 hard grad & cir-pol 105 - CarrySpeed sling.

Tom Bennett Photography on Flickr

Comment

Thanks Dave and Tom for your comments.

@Tom, agree with you... the Cygnet is so cute... it's now my PC background. Good luck with the Bluebottle!

Mike
                      flickr

Comment

Some really good shots here Mike, really showing your flexibility with different subjects.

Regards Paul

Comment

Thanks Paul.

My hand was some what forced as there weren't many birds, but you have to have a go don't you, and make the best of what you're presented with?

Cheers, Mike.
                          flickr

Comment

Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
                            Di's Flickr

Comment

Thanks Di.

Mike
                              flickr

Comment

Working...
                              X