Common Lizards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Common Lizards

Hi Folks haven't posted for a while - work getting in the way. However I managed to escape for a few days and the sun came out rather than the rain (up until now it had always been the other way round) It seems that I wasn't the only one escaping their confines and enjoying some early spring sunshine.

EF300mm f/4L IS USM 300.0 mm 1/500 f8.0 ISO500

That was a close as they would let me go.

Dave.
    www.microwyred.co.uk

Re: Common Lizards

Well spotted Dave

Tom

Comment

Another creature i would not have expected to see yet

Well spotted

Stan
      Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
      flickr

Comment

Well spotted indeed
        Why are they called "common" lizards as I have not seen a lizard in the wild for 30+ years.
        Canon EOS R6 Mark II, Canon RF 100-500mm f4.5-7.1L, Canon RF 24-105mm f4L
        Please note: I do not have or use Photoshop

flickr

Comment

Thanks Tom and Stan for looking.

Originally posted by Hereford_EOS View Post
          Well spotted indeed
          Why are they called "common" lizards as I have not seen a lizard in the wild for 30+ years.
          Stephen hope this goes some way to answering your question -
          "Common Lizards are widely distributed in the UK. You may find one almost anywhere from gardens, heathland, wooded glades, disused railway tracks, open meadows to the banks of ditches and along hedgerows. In spring the males and females bask in the open to absorb the heat from the sun. Later in the summer it is usually only the pregnant females that are seen to bask. They will often use a stone, log or grass tussock close to cover for basking. If disturbed they often return to their favourite spot soon afterwards." They are common in the forest.

Dave.
          www.microwyred.co.uk

Comment

Working...
          X