A few butterflies...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A few butterflies...

... from a EOS Training Academy day at Stratford on Avon Butterfly Farm last week.

Mostly 7D + EF100mm L Macro.

Sharpness query - these seem to have lost quite a bit of sharpness from me sorting and checking them on my Samsung tablet and them appearing on flickr. What quality, file size settings etc should I be using to post stuff to flickr? Any thoughts would be welcome.

Cheers, Chris.
    Just chuggin' along.

Re: A few butterflies...

daft question Chris but these shots posted here are not flickr ones ? but I agree about some looking soft and what seems quite noisy too

are these heavy crops ?
    :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

Thanks for reply, Ian. They are all via flickr - tap and look at the properties and they show a flickr address. Confess to noise on the hand-held shots - a cloudy day so ISO was cranked up tp 3200 to get useable exposure settings.
      Cheers, Chris.
      Just chuggin' along.

Comment

I use the BBCode from flickr Chris as this offers a direct link and perhaps sharper ?

I think your high ISO hasn't helped here
        :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

Looking at them on my iPad, they seem sharp, except for the last image, which seems a bit softer than the rest. Of the set, I love the closeup of that 1st image. Well done Chris

Tom

Comment

Working...
          X