Grasshopper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grasshopper

Raining today but yesterday saw quite a few grasshoppers on the path edge.

IMG_0997 by Neil Richardson, on Flickr
    Neil

Re: Grasshopper

Well spotted Neil. Shame about the shadow but not much you could do about that.
    Andrew

Comment

Nice capture Neil, but as Andrew says shame about the shadow
      Chris

60D, EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS, EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM, EF100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM,
      EF 50mm f/1.8 II, Sigma 10-20mm f3.5 EX DC

Comment

Thanks guys.
        Neil

Comment

You got some good detail Neil but the background is a bit messy with the blades of grass and the oof one in front

We saw one in similar habitat at Arne on Saturday and by moving slowly and carefully were able to move all the offending grasses out of the way and get a clear shot - of course we were also able to get a lot nearer with the macro lenses than your zoom, so that helped as well

Stan
          Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
          flickr

Comment

The shadow I can live with but its a shame about the oof one in front ...still good shot
            :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

Originally posted by Stan View Post
              You got some good detail Neil but the background is a bit messy with the blades of grass and the oof one in front

We saw one in similar habitat at Arne on Saturday and by moving slowly and carefully were able to move all the offending grasses out of the way and get a clear shot - of course we were also able to get a lot nearer with the macro lenses than your zoom, so that helped as well

Stan
              Thanks Stan - Agree fully, I need to use some of your superglue and pins as these were definitely active. Macro lens would help but not got one yet although viewing some of your shots I can appreciate the difference. Whilst your you’re, do you know the name of this one?
              Neil

Comment

Originally posted by Tigger View Post
                The shadow I can live with but its a shame about the oof one in front ...still good shot
                It is a shame. Thanks for looking and comments.
                Neil

Comment

All has been said, so Neil

Tom

Comment

Macro lens would help but not got one yet although viewing some of your shots I can appreciate the difference
                    I realised after I had written the reply that of course I could get so much closer with the macro lens and it meant that I didn't need to take out too much grass but with the zoom being much further away it wouldn't be to practical to move the depth of grass needed. And the narrow dof with the macro throws the background nicely out of focus

You will have to just get a macro lens

As to ID, being green and brown rather than all green or all brown, it looks like it could be a meadow grasshopper

Stan
                    Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
                    flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Stan View Post
                      You will have to just get a macro lens

As to ID, being green and brown rather than all green or all brown, it looks like it could be a meadow grasshopper

Stan
                      Thanks for the ID. When I have a macro lens I'll be sure to post the results.
                      Neil

Comment

Working...
                      X