Moth or Butterfly.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moth or Butterfly.

I caught this in the same place as the dragonfly. I thought at first that it was a moth, especially because of the colouring, but then it's out in bright sunlight, and it puts its wings up like a butterfly.

Any ideas..

and WDYT? Taken with the 55-250

Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
    Di's Flickr

Re: Moth or Butterfly.

It looks like a speckled wood as seen here: http://www.britishbutterflies.co.uk/...peckled%20Wood

Don't you just love google!

Not really qualified to comment but I think its a really nice photo. I have struggled with butterflies or more to the point getting the dof just right. I always end up with either soft wing tips or to much dof. Knowing how difficult it can be I am impressed that the wingtips are only slightly soft at the very tips, yet the background is nicely oof.

Comment

I think your right, it does look like a speckled wood and its habitat discription sounds right.

I think out of the shots I got this one is the best, I have quite a few with oof wings and bits

Di's Flickr

Comment

Your BUTTERFLY looks identical to my butterfly in image #1 here

Comment

Yes it does, been back this weekend and got a couple more butterflies and a couple more shots of this one. Did try for another dragonfly but it refused to move and I refused to wade into the lake. ahwell. maybe next time.
          Di's Flickr

Comment

Taken this last weekend - went to the same place and behold same butterflies fluttering about.

Di's Flickr

Comment

Working...
            X