Kruger National Park

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kruger National Park

I am now back after taking my 5D for its first outing (to the Kruger National Park in South Africa). Of course, taking a camera without having the chance to get to know it on a trip is stupid but I did enjoy using the 5D even though it took a while to get used to its quirks - especially focusing. I realised quite quickly that single shot centre point focusing was the best option for the 5D.

These images are straight off the 5D so I would expect the raw files to come out better than this. I do like the smoothness of the photos. Work in progress but so far I am pleased. Now time to print up some of them.

Peter
    Attached Files
    Last edited by peter29903; 06-03-2012, 19:44.

Re: Kruger National Park

A stunning set of pictures. I envy your visit to the park. It is one of my ambitions to get there one day.
    Cheers
    Treff

Comment

Thanks Treff

The park is fabulous. I haven't had time to go through all my photos but there is so much to see. Of course, a lot of luck. The cheetah's and lions are not guaranteed!

The lions were difficult to shoot as I still wasn't sure which focus method to use. It was early in the morning so quite wide open and the camera was difficult to focus. Next time will be better.

Peter
      Attached Files
      Last edited by peter29903; 07-03-2012, 20:22.

Comment

Can't pick a favourite. The gazelle the lions the rhino...
        Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
        Di's Flickr

Comment

Nice sets of pics!

I love #1 of the 2nd set - Kingfisher on a branch, but all are pretty good. Looks like you had a great time, and have some great shots to show for it!

All the best, Mike.
          flickr
          5D4 : 7D2 : 16-35 f4 L : 24-105 II L : 70-200 f2.8 L : 100-400 II L : Macro 100 f2.8 L : Manfrotto CX055 Pro3

Comment

Some lovely shots.

I am thinking of going back to do some more and your photo's are an incentive.

Colin
            Colin

Comment

Lovely sets of images, some really good compositions among them,.

Ray

Comment

love the lionesses and cubs shot. would have been better if all were in focus, probably using about f11 aperture
                regards
                Donald

Comment

Nice pictures, especially like the big cats! As you say there is some 'luck' to what you see but we had a great time last year, its an amazing place.
                  Andrew

Comment

Originally posted by chodeva View Post
                    love the lionesses and cubs shot. would have been better if all were in focus, probably using about f11 aperture
                    Hi Donald

I agree with you exactly. One of the problems with not knowing the camera. This time managed to move the mode dial by accident to fully automatic which locked out the high iso setting so had too low a shutter speed and to wide aperture. I also had a nice couple of days in Johannesburg at the end of the trip and went to the botanical gardens with a fabulous waterfall.

Comment

I have been there twice now and the KNP is awesome. Thinking of another trip in the near future. Superb pics and thanks for sharing.
                      Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

Working...
                      X