Kestrel Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kestrel Today

As it was such a lovely afternoon I went back to the beach after work to see the stonechats again and came away with a whole load more shots and....a good number of the kestrel who was hovering over the cliff again. No prey this time but, I think far better shots and much closer - very little cropping on these

WDYT

Stan

Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
    flickr

Re: Kestrel Today

Great shots. Be nice to know what kit you were shooting with and settings etc.
    Previously "The Real Swoosh"

My Blog..HERE....My website.....SECONDINTIME.....Flickr HERE..... 500px HERE

EOS 60D, EF- 70-200 L (non is), EF-24-105 L, EF-17-40 L , EF 100mm Macro, , EF 50mm II, 580 EX II, Canon S90. Kids Kit. EOS 500D, EF-S 18-55mm, EF-S 55-250mm IS Manfrotto 3405B Tripod. Hama Compact pro Tripod. Giottos MTL 9351B Tripod, Giottos MH 1300 Head, Manfrotto 790B Monopod. Billingham Hadley Pro. Lowepro 202AW Slingshot Bag.

Comment

Be nice to know what kit you were shooting with and settings
      All with 7D, 300f4 + 1.4x, f7.1, ISO 400, Av mode with + 1 1/3 exposure comp and hand held. 1 and 3 were 1/500, 2 was 1/640 and 4 was 1/800

Stan

flickr

Comment

Superb shots Stan. Yes I agree that these are better than the pervious ones. I can't pick a favourite as they are all equally good in my eyes.
        Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

With this level of skill Stan, I often wonder what exemplars you would produce with a 500 f/4 mark II attached to your 7D.

Bit short on voles and such today.

Comment

Originally posted by Stan View Post
            All with 7D, 300f4 + 1.4x, f7.1, ISO 400, Av mode with + 1 1/3 exposure comp and hand held. 1 and 3 were 1/500, 2 was 1/640 and 4 was 1/800

Stan
            Thanks Stan. I know its the photographer that makes the difference but always good to know what you guys are using to get such incredible shots. Like them all. Just happens to be my favourite bird of prey too, has been since a boy, never caught a photo of one though.
            Previously "The Real Swoosh"

My Blog..HERE....My website.....SECONDINTIME.....Flickr HERE..... 500px HERE

EOS 60D, EF- 70-200 L (non is), EF-24-105 L, EF-17-40 L , EF 100mm Macro, , EF 50mm II, 580 EX II, Canon S90. Kids Kit. EOS 500D, EF-S 18-55mm, EF-S 55-250mm IS Manfrotto 3405B Tripod. Hama Compact pro Tripod. Giottos MTL 9351B Tripod, Giottos MH 1300 Head, Manfrotto 790B Monopod. Billingham Hadley Pro. Lowepro 202AW Slingshot Bag.

Comment

Thanks guys

I often wonder what exemplars you would produce with a 500 f/4 mark II attached to your 7D.
              unlikely to find out unless I win the lottery ( I got £2.50 on the plus five this week so its a start )

Stan

flickr

Comment

More super images Stan. I won £10 for matching 3 but still no nearer to getting a 300 f4 to go with my 7D. That said even if I had your kit I couldn't match your images. So well done for giving me something to aspire to.
                Martin
                Canon 7D,EFS 15-85 IS USM, EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II

Comment

Thanks Martin

Stan

flickr

Comment

Stunning - I think the word is.