Ural Owl

Great Horned Owl

Burrowing Owl

Griffon Vulture
    Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
    flickr

Re: International Centre for Birds of Prey

Great shots as usual. The vulture is my favourite.
    Thanks for sharing.

Ian
    EOS600D, 17-40mm L, 70-300mm IS, 50mm f1.8, 18-135mm STM, Powershot S95, 12 extension tube, Speedlight 380 EX.

Comment

Another great set Stan. The Owls do it for me, and my faveourite is #3 - the Ural Owl, but the Vulture comes a close 2nd! You've done well to capture the falcons as they are pretty darn fast, so well done from me!

ICBP is on my list for a visit again this year, but the list is growing, and I'm not sure I'll fit everything in!

Thanks for posting. All the best, Mike.
      flickr
      5D4 : 7D2 : 16-35 f4 L : 24-105 II L : 70-200 f2.8 L : 100-400 II L : Macro 100 f2.8 L : Manfrotto CX055 Pro3

Comment

Nice ones again, Stan. The Vulture is my favourite.
        Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

Glad you and Dee had a great time at ICBP, I'm just sorry that I couldn't make it.
          Some great images there, well done

Comment

Cheers guys

You've done well to capture the falcons as they are pretty darn fast,
            the saker is still being trained and as Jemma said "he did not really have much of a clue" so he was quite slow for a falcon and a little easier to nail. The perigrine however was a fully trained 100mph rocket and it was pure luck to get this one and a couple of other, none of which are 100 % pin sharp
            The vulture is my favourite.
            one of mine too, its ont until he came really close ( decided to peck at my camera bag) you realise just how big he is with wings outstretched

Stan

flickr

Comment

2nd (peregrine) misses the mark a touch, but the rest are top notch.
              Concentrate on equipment and you'll take technically good photographs. Concentrate on seeing the light's magic colours and your images will stir the soul. - Jack Dykinga
              Light makes photography. Embrace light. Admire it. Love it. But above all, know light. Know it for all you are worth, and you will know the key to photography- George Eastman

Comment

Thanks Les
                2nd (peregrine) misses the mark a touch
                as I said, lucky to get him in the frame at all as he was so fast

Stan

flickr

Comment

Grat pictures Stan. The griffon vulture if a great pucture. I also love the horned owl and burriwing owl, and the way their eyes stand out in the sunlight.

I bought my first SLR about 5 weeks ago and have been using the ICBP as something of a training ground as a I learn how to use it. At the moment my results with birds in flight are very hit and miss, and any tips would be welcomed.
                  Last edited by ukfalc; 01-04-2012, 17:39.
                  EF 16-35mm F2.8 L Mk II; EF 24-70mm F2.8 L Mk II; EF 24-105mm F4 L; EF 70-300mm F4-5.6 L.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/ukfalc/

Comment

Working...
                  X