My First Buzzard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My First Buzzard

Walking the Dog this morning with my wife when we heard a loud "quaaarr" noise from above, I said "that sounds like an eagle" we looked up to see a Buzzard gliding past, quite a way up.

Managed to get a few shots off before it was out of sight. Didn't have time to change camera setting either so just did my best to track and focus. This is the best I could manage. Not the best compared to some of the birds of prey shots on here, but its my first Buzzard sighting in the wild, not a common bird in kent either I would suspect.

Cropped and sharpened on Aperture.

60D, 1/800 @ f/5.6, ISO 100, 70-200 F/4 L + 1.4 extender @ 280mm.

Buzzard by The Real Swoosh, on Flickr
    Previously "The Real Swoosh"

My Blog..HERE....My website.....SECONDINTIME.....Flickr HERE..... 500px HERE

EOS 60D, EF- 70-200 L (non is), EF-24-105 L, EF-17-40 L , EF 100mm Macro, , EF 50mm II, 580 EX II, Canon S90. Kids Kit. EOS 500D, EF-S 18-55mm, EF-S 55-250mm IS Manfrotto 3405B Tripod. Hama Compact pro Tripod. Giottos MTL 9351B Tripod, Giottos MH 1300 Head, Manfrotto 790B Monopod. Billingham Hadley Pro. Lowepro 202AW Slingshot Bag.

Re: My First Buzzard

Swoosh - that's a better Buzzard shot than anything I've managed in the 18 months I've been doing this photography lark! Well done! True, not the absolute sharpest shot, but it's not very far off, so I think you've done extremely well to get it.

Half the time it's about being in the right place at the right time, which you were!

Well done. All the best, Mike.
    flickr
    5D4 : 7D2 : 16-35 f4 L : 24-105 II L : 70-200 f2.8 L : 100-400 II L : Macro 100 f2.8 L : Manfrotto CX055 Pro3

Comment

A cracking shot in the circumstances.
      I think you will find they are far more common than you thought - certainly see them here in mid-sussex

Comment

There are at least 4 Buzzards on the North Downs behund Birling. Problem is they fly so high
        ef-r

Comment

Hi Swoosh,

Nice shot better than anything I have.

Brian has mentioned some Buzzards over the North Downs and I often see. One or two in the Iwade / Sittingbourne area whEn I am out with the model planes but again they are a long way up. A friend of mine had one of his models attacked by a buzzard a couple of weeks ago, it was only when the bird got to within a couple of feet from the model did it suddenly realise it wasn't food and pulled away.

Comment

Working...
          X