BWC - Saturday 7th April

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BWC - Saturday 7th April

Hi all - decided to risk getting rained on, and went to the British Wildlife Centre today. Mixed bag of shots, but only saw 1 Red Squirrel - not sure where they went!

Anyway, here goes...

Spent some time indoors, with the mice and a flashgun... All House Mouses, various poses...

House Mouse in boot by mikep_eos, on Flickr

House Mouse with seed by mikep_eos, on Flickr

then moved on to watch the Otters 'play fighting'...

Otters play fighting - splash by mikep_eos, on Flickr

Otter diving in lake by mikep_eos, on Flickr

then finished up at the Foxes (in a brief spell of sunshine!)...

Fox gazing by mikep_eos, on Flickr

Mr Fox is sleepy by mikep_eos, on Flickr

Might post some more once I've processed the rest, but this looks to be the pick of the crop (AFAIK!).

Hope you like them, but C&C welcome.

All the best, Mike.

UPDATE - these appear to have posted a bit soft (again). The originals look great on my PC!
    Last edited by mikep; 07-04-2012, 18:12. Reason: Update - soft shots posted - don't know why!
    flickr
    5D4 : 7D2 : 16-35 f4 L : 24-105 II L : 70-200 f2.8 L : 100-400 II L : Macro 100 f2.8 L : Manfrotto CX055 Pro3

Re: BWC - Saturday 7th April

Great shots Mike. Nearly went today myself but couldn't in the end. Give 500px a go, sharper I find.
    Previously "The Real Swoosh"

My Blog..HERE....My website.....SECONDINTIME.....Flickr HERE..... 500px HERE

EOS 60D, EF- 70-200 L (non is), EF-24-105 L, EF-17-40 L , EF 100mm Macro, , EF 50mm II, 580 EX II, Canon S90. Kids Kit. EOS 500D, EF-S 18-55mm, EF-S 55-250mm IS Manfrotto 3405B Tripod. Hama Compact pro Tripod. Giottos MTL 9351B Tripod, Giottos MH 1300 Head, Manfrotto 790B Monopod. Billingham Hadley Pro. Lowepro 202AW Slingshot Bag.

Comment

All House Mouses
      Do you mean mice ?

A great set Mike , love the sleeping fox.

Comment

Nice collection mike. I have just revisited my small collection on 500px too.
        Canon 6D & 7D | Light Room + CS6 |
        EF 70-300L | EF 100 Macro | EF 24-105L | EF17-40L | Canon EF 50mm

Comment

Originally posted by The Real Swoosh View Post
          Give 500px a go, sharper I find.
          Well, I've tried! I opened an account, verified it, now I can't access it! 500px just will not let me sign in... I enter my details, and just get returned to the sign in screen! I'll keep trying!

Originally posted by Hereford_EOS2 View Post
          Do you mean mice ?
          Put 'Mouses' on purpose to see who'd moan! LOL.

Cheers guys. M.
          flickr
          5D4 : 7D2 : 16-35 f4 L : 24-105 II L : 70-200 f2.8 L : 100-400 II L : Macro 100 f2.8 L : Manfrotto CX055 Pro3

Comment

Great set Mike - not going to pick a fave as I like them all. Good to see that the fox has made a full recovery. As you probably gather, I was there Friday, and yes the squiggles were very quiet (unlike the kids!). Ive got some puter probs so cant find my best shots lol

Comment

Hi Mike

Guess what ? - -Dee and I were at BWC too all day yesterday and I reckon that at some point we may well have been standing very near each other, particularly at the otters, as we both have very similar shots of the two youngsters playing.

Having now been 3 times since the new year, we also decided to join yesterday - should have done it before

Stan
              Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
              flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Stan View Post
                Hi Mike

Guess what ? - -Dee and I were at BWC too all day yesterday and I reckon that at some point we may well have been standing very near each other, particularly at the otters, as we both have very similar shots of the two youngsters playing.
                Stan
                LOL - Surely the time is coming when we actually meet up, not just randomly attend the same place at the same time! Hope you enjoyed your day out! All the best, Mike.
                flickr

Comment

The contentment of the sleeping fox - great expression on his face.
                  Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
                  Di's Flickr

Comment

Working...
                  X