Another morning walk set-BIF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another morning walk set-BIF

Another set from my morning walks by the river with the dogs.

All with Canon 7D, 200mm F2.8L+1.4tc

1#

Larger image

2#

Larger image

3#

Larger image

4#

Larger image

5#

Larger image

6#

Larger image
    Concentrate on equipment and you'll take technically good photographs. Concentrate on seeing the light's magic colours and your images will stir the soul. - Jack Dykinga
    Light makes photography. Embrace light. Admire it. Love it. But above all, know light. Know it for all you are worth, and you will know the key to photography- George Eastman

Re: Another morning walk set-BIF

Les made me smile, always love a BIF shot and these are cracking examples... 2 and 4 I really like!

Comment

Great captures Les
      Nice detail and sharpness
      #2 is my pick of an excellent set

Mike
      www.mstphoto.zenfolio.com

http://www.flickr.com/photos/27554645@N05/

Comment

Love this set Les...very well captured #2.
        regards
        Donald

Comment

Number 2 is the best of a very good group. Perhaps just a little "warm" on the white Balance?

Colin
          Colin

Comment

Nice ones Les. I like #2 the best out of a fine set of pics.
            Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

Great set, so much detail in every shot.

Paul
              EOS 1Dx, - EF 24-105L f4,- Sigma 135 f1.8 Art - EF 400L IS f2.8, - Speedlite 430EXII.
              Freelance Sports Photographer for local Press - https://twitter.com/P_linton99

Comment

Great shots Les

Just offering my opinion rather than a fact, or even criticism
                I’d love to see #2 (the duck) with the green BG of #6 with the duck smaller in the frame.

These seem to be all about capturing sharp images of BIF, which is fine :-)

I feel if you ditched the TC you could pull back and get more of a picture, rather than frame filling bird. All purely subjective of course, please take with a pinch of salt.

I appreciate your skill. And it’s interesting to that see what the 200mm prime + 1.4 TC can produce in the right hands.

Trev

Comment

Originally posted by Trevoreast View Post
                  Great shots Les

Just offering my opinion rather than a fact, or even criticism
                  I’d love to see #2 (the duck) with the green BG of #6 with the duck smaller in the frame.

These seem to be all about capturing sharp images of BIF, which is fine :-)

I feel if you ditched the TC you could pull back and get more of a picture, rather than frame filling bird. All purely subjective of course, please take with a pinch of salt.

I appreciate your skill. And it’s interesting to that see what the 200mm prime + 1.4 TC can produce in the right hands.

Trev
                  I know what you mean , but it's sod's law, if I removed the TC you can guarantee the next shot (i.e. the grey heron doing the hokey kokey) will be just out effective range without the TC.
                  I think it's more to do with the restrictions of using a prime, the zoom that comes closest is the 70-200 F2.8, but it weighs twice as much and around twice the size of 200mm prime, therefore I'd be less likely to sling it over my shoulder in the morning when I take the dogs for a walk.

But I agree with what you say, I'll have to practice running backwards fast
                  Concentrate on equipment and you'll take technically good photographs. Concentrate on seeing the light's magic colours and your images will stir the soul. - Jack Dykinga
                  Light makes photography. Embrace light. Admire it. Love it. But above all, know light. Know it for all you are worth, and you will know the key to photography- George Eastman

Comment

I love up close and personal. If you put a 2x on we would have great portraits

Why not slip on a 300 or 400 prime instead

Lovely set Les
                    ef-r

Comment

Originally posted by Les McLean View Post
                      I'll have to practice running backwards fast
                      The most cost effective zoom ..................... legs!

Colin
                      Colin

Comment

These are great shots.

Comment

Originally posted by briansquibb View Post
                          I love up close and personal. If you put a 2x on we would have great portraits

Why not slip on a 300 or 400 prime instead

Lovely set Les
                          I don't have any 'big' primes, the closest I have is the Sigma 120-300 F2.8 zoom, but it's such a beast to throw or even carry around I (seriously) have an Anglers Trolley to transport it (in a Lowepro bag with the rest of my gear) when I need to walk any distance.

But I hear and agree with what you are saying, I do like close up and personal, but as always it's geeting a reasonable balance in a series of shots

Comment

Seriously good set Les, I'm impressed. As per the others, #2 and #4 are the pick of the crop, but all are good.

I would love to get shots like these, they're so crisp on my monitor. I like them filling the frame, as it shows the quality of the shot and the birds' colouring etc. but also a few more wider shots would help place the birds in their environment.

Keep up the good work!

Mike
                            flickr
                            5D4 : 7D2 : 16-35 f4 L : 24-105 II L : 70-200 f2.8 L : 100-400 II L : Macro 100 f2.8 L : Manfrotto CX055 Pro3

Comment

Yes no 2 is very very good

Stan
                              Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
                              flickr

Comment

Working...
                              X