Clear All

Birds of Prey- albeit tethered. Conwy Quay

(i) Barn Owls

(ii) Barn Owl

(iii) Eagle Owl

(a)

(b)

(iv) Peregrene Falcon (?)

Last edited by Nathaniel; 17-06-2012, 18:24.
    Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Re: Birds of Prey- albeit tethered. Conwy Quay

I like the Number 2 and his/her eyes
    Raj
    Flickr

Comment

Beautiful creatures Nathaniel, and nice 'shots'of them too.

Dave
      Dave

Comment

Thanks Raj/Dave for your C&C
        Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

Comment

It's quite extraordinary how much your photography has come along, even in the short time I've seen you post on this forum Nathaniel, these are good, crisp, clear, well balanced, and you have nailed those difficult whites on the barn owl. The only distraction is the background, but I realise this was beyond your control.
          Concentrate on equipment and you'll take technically good photographs. Concentrate on seeing the light's magic colours and your images will stir the soul. - Jack Dykinga
          Light makes photography. Embrace light. Admire it. Love it. But above all, know light. Know it for all you are worth, and you will know the key to photography- George Eastman

Comment

HTML Code:
            It's quite extraordinary how much your photography has come along, even in the short time I've seen you post on this forum Nathaniel, these are good, crisp, clear, well balanced, and you have nailed those difficult whites on the barn owl. The only distraction is the background, but I realise this was beyond your control.
            I was thinking exactly the same thing, great shots - Nathaniel, were these taken with the 600 or the 60? what lens and settings?

Ian
            EOS 600d, ef 18-55 is kit lens, 50 mm 1.8 mkii, Tamron 70-300, 430EXii

Comment

That's a bit odd with the 'quote' part of the post?
              EOS 600d, ef 18-55 is kit lens, 50 mm 1.8 mkii, Tamron 70-300, 430EXii

Comment

Originally posted by celtex View Post
                HTML Code:
                I was thinking exactly the same thing, great shots - Nathaniel, were these taken with the 600 or the 60? what lens and settings?

Ian
                Celtex, as I was carting my Canon 60d + 70-200mm +1.4 TC & my 600d with the 24-104mm lens (both sets of lenses already fixed to the camera bodies), it was difficult for me to carry my camera bag and walk some distance from the car park to the Conwy Quay. So I aways carry my Canon G7 for ease of carrying and walking and these pics were taken with that camera. I did not expect to take any photos as I had already been to the Quayside a few weeks earlier with some friends. The Exiff on the pics will give all details. On my previous visit, the birds were not there.

I have more pics on:-www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390
                Last edited by Nathaniel; 17-06-2012, 23:29.

Comment

Lovely set. sharp and crisp esp #3. well done
                  regards
                  Donald

Comment

Originally posted by Les McLean View Post
                    Les, thanks for your C&C. Yes, the background was beyond my control. Thanks Donald.

Comment

Working...
                    X