Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We're out a here

IMG_0194 by Fat Fawlty, on Flickr

This is my first effort with a SLR (550D) comments and advice would be welcome

Re: We're out a here

Quite good for a first effrot. Try to improve on the definition- i.e the face of the Canada geese could be clearer.
    Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

Looks good to me. In focus, nicely positioned in the frame and the exposure is about right.

Are you shooting in RAW? If so you could lighten the shadow detail a little.

Well done. Panning with birds in flight is not easy, especially when you often only have a split second to react.

Colin
      Colin

Comment

It is very good for a first attempt - as Colin says birds in flight are not easy at the best of times

Stan
        Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
        flickr

Comment

There is no exif data, which lens and what settings?
          I would of put the birds nearer the thirds to give a little more space to fly in to and a little more space at the top.
          As previously said, birds in flight are not easy subjects so you have done well in that respect.
          Canon EOS R6 Mark II, Canon RF 100-500mm f4.5-7.1L, Canon RF 24-105mm f4L
          Please note: I do not have or use Photoshop

flickr

Comment

Hi Stephen the lens was a cannon 75-300 ef set to 300 and the camera setting was sport auto

Comment

Working...
            X