Lonely tree.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lonely tree.

Took these at the end of may and tried to get back to the location to repeat them for this months challenge, but time ran away from me. Still wanted to post them up any way so here they are.

Both are same tree, same location, to 2 different aspects the second is just further up the hill
    EOS 40D
    EF 50mm F1.8

Would love to hear people opinions on their favourite A or B
    IMG_0419.jpg

IMG_0412 (2).jpg ​​​​​​​
    Last edited by NathCarr91; 02-08-2023, 16:19.

Have only got one shot Natt?

Comment

Hmmm, showing both on my end, I'll post them both again
      Daisy M
      Last edited by NathCarr91; 02-08-2023, 14:27.

Comment

Nice - I like that especially the first one
        Trev

Equipment - According to the wife more than a Camera Shop got

Flickr:
        https://www.flickr.com/photos/trevb2639/

Comment

That is definitely a single tree atop a lonely hill. - .? a solitary (solitree)!
          nice photos both, I prefer the first one for the overall colour and also I think there Is more definition in the tree.
          Rose

Comment

Originally posted by Trev B View Post
            Nice - I like that especially the first one
            Thanks Trev, appreciate that!

Originally posted by Lavenderhill View Post
            That is definitely a single tree atop a lonely hill. - .? a solitary (solitree)!
            nice photos both, I prefer the first one for the overall colour and also I think there Is more definition in the tree.
            Rose
            Thanks Rose, and love that title 'solitree' I can see that sticking around (another tree pun there).
            I think, if memory serves me right, the tree in the first one was slightly dark in camera so I put a radius filter around it in Lightroom and made some local adjustments in that area but didn't do it on the second one. Possibly why the tree looks clearer.

Comment

First one for me - though I'd be inclined to do something about the blown out patch top left, it really draws the eye too much.

BTW I hadn't noticed the radial filter adjustment 'til you mentioned it...

Nigel

You may know me from Another Place....

The new ElSid Photogallery...

Equipment: Far too much to list - including lots of Nikon...

Comment

The first photo is the best one for me, well done.
                Railway Photography - Steam Train Photos

Comment

Originally posted by Colin W View Post
                  The first photo is the best one for me, well done.
                  Thank you Colin! I really appreciate that

Comment

Originally posted by El Sid View Post
                    First one for me - though I'd be inclined to do something about the blown out patch top left, it really draws the eye too much.

BTW I hadn't noticed the radial filter adjustment 'til you mentioned it...

Thanks nigel, I really appreciate your feedback. I have to be honest, I spent so much time trying to bring the tree up a little bit that I didn't really notice the blown out portion in the corner. I'll have to apply a tighter crop and get rid of it.

Pleased you didn't notice my radial adjustment though, haven't used that feature alot on Lightroom but started getting to grips with it now

Comment

Nicely seen and taken, first one foe me as well
                      Regards,

Jeff

Eos 1D x and Eos 1D mk4, EF 24-105L F4, EF 70-200L F2.8 mk2, EF 100L F2.8 macro, 1.4 and 2.0 mk3 converters, Sigma Art 12-24 F4, Sigma Art 85 F1.4 .....Pixapro GI01 speedlite, Citi 600 battery strobes and Pika200 battery strobes.

Comment

I like the first one….much nicer tones
                        the second composition is less compelling possibly because it splits the frame in equal halves…I’m not one to follow rules but the rule of thirds seems to demonstrate itself here
                        Brian Vickers LRPS

brianvickersphotography.com

Comment

There is more interest and contrast in the sly than the grass so more of sky works better. The unseen radial also helps to lift the tree

Comment

Working...
                          X