Water Voles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Water Voles

A selection of the water voles at the British Wildlife Centre last week, the first two are mine and the other three are Dee's.
    I dont know about you but my faviourite id no 4 - if it prints OK its one for mounting for sale at our craft fair in november
    WDYT

Stan

Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
    flickr

Re: Water Voles

1, 4 & 5 are just Wonderful imo the others are fine too.

Congrats on these; they are excellent

Trev

Comment

Cute little things, yes I would say #4 has the most apeal and would probably be the best for sale followed by #2 if you crop some off the LHS to make the Vole bigger in the image, I say that as I like the way the front legs are held and the expression on its face. To me it has a character that the others apart from #4 don't have

Comment

Glad you like them guys
        No 4 for printing has been cropped to a square format - I just love that expression as if he is surprised to see us there.
        No 2 would be better in a 5 x 4 crop but the only problem with that one is the feet aren't really sharp enough - although the punters probably would not notice but i would - narow dof due to having to shoot wide open at f4 to keep the shutter speed up. That one was shot just after lunch as the rain was beginning to clear and even at ISO 1600 i only got a shutter speed of 1/320

Stan

flickr

Comment

Nice set Stan!

#4 defo, then #5 just, but they're all pretty good!

#3 isn't loading at the moment (probably due to my daughters hogging the broadband! Teenagers eh!).

Looking forward to Oct 1st for the meet up there!

All the best, Mike.
          flickr
          5D4 : 7D2 : 16-35 f4 L : 24-105 II L : 70-200 f2.8 L : 100-400 II L : Macro 100 f2.8 L : Manfrotto CX055 Pro3

Comment

4 for me - it's the eye contact that makes it special - the rest are good but are 'just' (no disrespect honest) pictures of an animal. Shame the light was so bad so the shallow DoF - would have been great in num 4 if the muzzle and teeth were sharp as well but great shots nonetheless. What body/lens were you using?

Comment

Cheers Mike

What body/lens were you using?
              All with the 7D, the first two, 70-200f2.8 + 1.4x and the other three 70-200 f4.

Stan

flickr

Comment

do like number four, but number two also catches my eye.
                Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
                Di's Flickr

Comment

Thanks Di and Dan
                  glad you like 'em

Stan

flickr

Comment

Hi Stan, if I was selling these at a craft fair no1 is the one I'd choose to sell, it's the cutest and imo the nicest overall picture.
                    Shame it didn't have more dof, but as you say punters don't notice these things. 4 may be better technically, but it's slightly more record shotish :-) (ihmo)

Stan I don't know if you and Dee use facebook, It's a great place to get feedback on the type of pics normal (non togs like) people like.
                    Photography forums are great for a certain type of feedback, like "Oh there's a dust spot, or your horizon is 2 degrees out" :-)

Trev

Comment

Thanks for your comments Trevor
                      No 1 is also being printed to consider for the fayre, its quite difficult to choose as we have loads of suitable stuff but are restricting mounted prints to around 45/50 and then we are doing greeting cards and this year trying some fridge magnets

Dee has a facebook account but i dont - noit sure i really understand it and to be honest contributing to the forums takes up a lot of spare time

Stan

flickr

Comment

I have twiiter and facebook and a website, when I post to one it updates to all 3.
                        With Dee having a personal facebook a/c she can creat a photography page called "neptuno photography", for example.

This can be used to promote your website, and your photography generally. The FB image upload and gallery organisation is very easy and useable.
                        I see why people want to give the FB thing a wide birth - but it's really easy get to grips with and it can yeild great benefits.
                        Trev

Comment

Cheers Trevor - you make it sound so easy, I'll get Dee to have a look thanks

Stan

flickr

Comment

Stan, really great shots. Thanks for sharing. Good luck with the sales. Graydon
                            Canon 6D & 7D | Light Room + CS6 |
                            EF 70-300L | EF 100 Macro | EF 24-105L | EF17-40L | Canon EF 50mm

Comment

Thanks Graydon
                              Still a lot of preparation to do but got a few weeks before the fayre in November

Stan

flickr

Comment

Working...
                              X