• Show
Clear All

Olympic Stadium

Inside the Olympic Stadium

450D, Tamron 17 - 50, F5.6, ISO 200, 26mm

Olympic-Stadium-Pano.jpg
    40D, 70D. 400 5.6, 70-200 2.8IS, 17-50 2.8, 150 2.8 Macro, EOS-M3

Re: Olympic Stadium

One of the few benefits of being in the "Cheap Seats" is ....................... you get to take an amazing panorama of the whole stadium.

Were there any restrictions regarding what photography equipment you could use?

Colin
    Colin

Comment

Lovely shot of the stadium. Shame about the Colorless sky as seems to be a very dominate part of the picture & IMO takes the eye away from the main subject.

Tom

Comment

Colin - there was a 30cm restriction on lenses, no tripods or monopds; that said I did see bigger lenses and people with monopods....

Tom - Thank you
        40D, 70D. 400 5.6, 70-200 2.8IS, 17-50 2.8, 150 2.8 Macro, EOS-M3

Comment

there was a 30cm restriction on lenses,
          That's probably quite reasonable. Near as dammit you could use the 70 - 300mm and 100 - 400mm and you wouldn't want to be sat next to someone waving a 500mm around and spoiling your view.

Sounds like a sensible British compromise. In fact, the more I am involved with the Olympics, the more I am impressed with the sensible and can do attitude, rather than the "more than my jobs worth" that we have sometime been accustomed to.

Colin
          Last edited by colin C; 08-08-2012, 15:57.
          Colin

Comment

Impressive nicely done, and the info on the photo equipment sounds sensible for a change.

Comment

Working...
            X