Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Camden Lock Market - Panorama at the bottom of Hampstead Road Lock

I got really messy taking this...

Plus I'm amazed I actually got a usable Panorama from my two sets of freehand shots...
    It did take a long time to clean my boots and jeans afterwards though... plus many thanks to whoever put a temporary loo to the North of St Pancras Station with paper towels in it, jeans and boots for the initial cleaning of...

Re: Camden Lock Market - Panorama at the bottom of Hampstead Road Lock

Fabulous as usual Doc ...
    [ Canon 1DX ] [ 70-200 f2.8 L is II ] [ 300 f4 L is usm ] [ 50 mm f1.8 II ] [ 24-105 f4 L is ] [ Speedlite 430 ] [Yongnuo 568 ex II flash ] [ Yongnuo flash triggers ] [ Cokin P filters] [ Giottos Silk Road GYTL8384 carbon tripod ] [ Photoshop CS5 ] ... Wish list Canon EF 500 mm f/4 L IS USM.

Some nice gear, but not much idea ... https://www.flickr.com/photos/123175589@N03/

Comment

Absolutely fascinating John, and beautifully put together.

I'm guessing that the Lock has been drained for restoration/maintenance purposes, and that the upstream lock gates are still holding the water back, which is just as well for you folk at the bottom of the lock.

Dave
      Dave

Comment

Well, a bit more water-flow might have cleaned my boots up a bit... ;-)

More seriously the lock gates can't hold the water back enough for this kind of work, even with powerful pumps to help, so they have a barrier just above the Lock gate to reduce the water-flow somewhat (only "somewhat" as you can clearly see the water getting into the Lock)...

John

Comment

A beautiful example of 18th Century engineering, that still functions much as it did when the Navvies hand dug the canal system, that was the country's commercial highway.

It always amazes me that its just a layer of clay that lines the canals to keep them watertight.

Dave
          Dave

Comment

Plus do note the extra bonus link just added to the description (thanks to a friend of mine)... I may not stop smiling for a month...

Comment

That's brilliant. Don't know why I'm surprised to see the floor is brickwork. Never occurred to me it would be anything other than... well, bottom, really!

Love the Mash article, especially the pay off line about drummers.
              Canon EOS7D mkII+BG-E16, Canon EOS 7D+BG-E7, Canon EF-S 10-22 f/3.5-4.5, Tamron Di-II 17-50 f2.8, Canon EF 24-105 f/4L IS, Canon EF 70-200 f/4L, Sigma 30mm f1.4 DC HSM 'Art', Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM, Sigma 1.4x DG, Canon Speedlight 430EX II (x2)

Comment

Doug.
                Cameras... 7D, 350D
                Lens...Canon 17-40 f4, Sigma 70-200 f2.8, Tamron 28-300 f3.5, Canon 18-55 f3.5

Flash...600EX-RT

Montana 5 flickr
                Montana 5 Car-tography

Comment

I can't get over how smooth the images look when you do these.

Wonder whats on the CD disc ?

Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
                  Di's Flickr

Comment

Working...
                  X