Castleford Footbridge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Castleford Footbridge

I was at a loose end the other day and so decided at the last minute to drive up to Castleford where there is a curved footbridge over the River Aire. With the recent bad weather the water level was really high. I got there a bit late so the colour had gone from the sky but i'mquite happy with the result. The image is made up from 7 shots in manual with iso 200 f8 and 8secs per frame stitched in cs5 with a little pp in lr4.

castleford1000.jpg

WDYT

Andre
    Attached Files

Re: Castleford Footbridge

Sorry i' don't know what happened here and I don't seem to be able to get rid of the second image. I originally had put a image of 1920pixels wide and it was showing in preview as too big. Sorry

Andre

Comment

I can see both images - very nice indeed
      James
      James Boardman Woodend
      www.jameswoodend.com

Comment

Great image with plenty of life left in the sky and the bridge proving a welcome to the rest of the shot.
        Colin

Comment

Nice shot and lead in from the bridge.

Bill.
          7D, 400D, EF-S 15-85 f3.5/5.6, EF 100 f2.8 USM macro, Sigma 10-20 f4/5.6, Sigma 70-300 f4/5.6 APO, Sigma 50 f1.4, EF 28-90, EF 90-300, Sigma 150-600C, 430 EXll, Yongnuo 568 EX ll, Yongnuo Triggers, Yongnuo YN14-EX Ring Flash

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/94610707@N05/

Comment

Oh yes !! I do like that ...
            [ Canon 1DX ] [ 70-200 f2.8 L is II ] [ 300 f4 L is usm ] [ 50 mm f1.8 II ] [ 24-105 f4 L is ] [ Speedlite 430 ] [Yongnuo 568 ex II flash ] [ Yongnuo flash triggers ] [ Cokin P filters] [ Giottos Silk Road GYTL8384 carbon tripod ] [ Photoshop CS5 ] ... Wish list Canon EF 500 mm f/4 L IS USM.

Some nice gear, but not much idea ... https://www.flickr.com/photos/123175589@N03/

Comment

Nice composition

Tom

Comment

Very nice Andre

Comment

It's just the forums way of telling you that some images are so good they are worth seeing twice...
                  Great lighting control and well composed.
                  Canon EOS 7D
                  EF-S 10-22mm 1:3.5-4.5 USM, EF 24-105mm 1:4 L IS USM, EF 50mm 1:1.8, EF 70-300mm 1:4-5.6 IS USM
                  Luminar 4, Aurora HDR Pro, Silver Efex
                  flickr: http://flic.kr/ps/LXWuy

Comment

Originally posted by AlexR! View Post
                    It's just the forums way of telling you that some images are so good they are worth seeing twice...
                    Great lighting control and well composed.
                    Lol ... tis true ..
                    [ Canon 1DX ] [ 70-200 f2.8 L is II ] [ 300 f4 L is usm ] [ 50 mm f1.8 II ] [ 24-105 f4 L is ] [ Speedlite 430 ] [Yongnuo 568 ex II flash ] [ Yongnuo flash triggers ] [ Cokin P filters] [ Giottos Silk Road GYTL8384 carbon tripod ] [ Photoshop CS5 ] ... Wish list Canon EF 500 mm f/4 L IS USM.

Some nice gear, but not much idea ... https://www.flickr.com/photos/123175589@N03/

Comment

Thanks a lot for your comments. I intend to return to the bridge when its not so wet and cold - its me old bones!!

Andre

Comment

Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
                        Di's Flickr

Comment

John

Comment

Working...
                          X