"Those blue-remembered hills"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Those blue-remembered hills"

I have not done much in the way of panoramas before, but decided to have a go when we were in Spain recently.

I know there is far too much blue haze in this, despite using a UV filter - any hints on how to reduce it further?

It is a 180 degree view from outside the Cuevas de Canelobre at Busot, Alicante and was formed from 9 individual shots, corrected for distortion and peripheral illumination in DPP and then stitched in Lightroom CC.

Taken with 5DIII and EF 24-105 f4 L IS USM supported on a monopod (which proved very helpful).

5DJL0231-Pano-1 by John Liddle, on Flickr
    John Liddle

Backwell, North Somerset - "Where the cider apples grow"

Re: "Those blue-remembered hills"

Apart from the blue haze, for which the cure I think would be to shoot at a different time of day, the shot doesn't really work at all as there is no point of focus

stan
    Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
    flickr

Comment

I thought Lightroom had just added haze reduction to CC (I have 6 so don't know if it's out yet or how it works)? DXO have had it for a while.

Comment

Heat haze here this time of the year is a massive problem when doing landscapes...

As far as I know Dr the "haze" feature has not been added to CC yet

But I agree with Stan, for a good pano it still needs a POI - still well done on the process
        :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

Blue remembered hills? It is exactly Shropshire is it?
          Chris

My Website

Comment

Stan, DrJon, Tigger & Freshwater,

thank you for your observations.

I acknowledge that some sort of POI is needed, but I went through the process more as a learning exercise than anything.

I suspect that rising with the dawn chorus would be the only way of avoiding the haze. I cannot find any reference to a reduction feature in my version of LR CC.

Well done Freshwater - Housman's lament for lost youth is one of my favourite poems - it seems to tug at the heart more as age creeps on!
            John Liddle

Backwell, North Somerset - "Where the cider apples grow"

Comment

Working...
            X