Motion Blur

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Motion Blur

Not really meant to be a portrait, my best friend's daughter, Bella was wearing this lovely bright jacket when they came for lunch on Sunday. After we ate she started spinning on the small office chair she had used at the table, I thought it might make a little motion blur though her face came out really quite still. I think she is a very photogenic young lady, although a very moody teenager.

BELLA by tdubya2013, on Flickr
    Last edited by tombennett; 09-07-2013, 09:02.
    Am I qualified to comment on others!

Canon EOS-60D - EF 24-105mm f4
    L IS USM - Tamron Adaptall2 500mm f/8 with 2x converter - Meike Speedlight MK950 - LEE Filters: professional kit, ND Grad (hard) .3 .6 .9, Coral 4 hard grad & cir-pol 105 - CarrySpeed sling.

Tom Bennett Photography on Flickr

Re: Motion Blur

An unusual shot which workls quite well, as you say Tom a very photogenic young lady, you may need to set up some portrait sessions with her.

Comment

Well done tom

Stan
      Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
      flickr

Comment

Very nicely done Tom

Tom

Comment

Interesting shot Tom, good capture.

Regards Paul

Comment

Thanks Guys, appreciate the comments.

TomB.

L IS USM - Tamron Adaptall2 500mm f/8 with 2x converter - Meike Speedlight MK950 - LEE Filters: professional kit, ND Grad (hard) .3 .6 .9, Coral 4 hard grad & cir-pol 105 - CarrySpeed sling.

Comment

Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
              Di's Flickr

Comment

Nicely done Tom that has worked really well, very creative. Did you try different shutter speeds or just go for it?

Bill.
                Last edited by Bill53; 10-07-2013, 23:02.
                7D, 400D, EF-S 15-85 f3.5/5.6, EF 100 f2.8 USM macro, Sigma 10-20 f4/5.6, Sigma 70-300 f4/5.6 APO, Sigma 50 f1.4, EF 28-90, EF 90-300, Sigma 150-600C, 430 EXll, Yongnuo 568 EX ll, Yongnuo Triggers, Yongnuo YN14-EX Ring Flash

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/94610707@N05/

Comment

Hi Bill, thanks for looking and commenting. To be perfectly honest I just went for it really, I knew that a slow shutter would give me some blur so increased the aperture letting through a little less light. I did three shots quickly checking the screen to make sure I had it right, then reeled off four or five and at one point I said to Bella "try to look happy".

If she hadn't been wearing her new jacket I probably would never have approached this type of image, though, after a few rum 'n' coke's with her father I was seeing with motion blur so thought I'ld capture it for posterity! Something I'll keep in mind for future images.

TomB

Comment

That's quite a different style, Tom - well done for daring to be different, it works quite well.
                    Perhaps you should try and sell it to Captain Morgan
                    Andy

Comment

Thanks for commenting Andy. I'll have to crack another bottle to help combat this mini heatwave, and contemplate.

Comment

It works really well. But what do you mean that a teenager might be moody???!!!

Richard
                        Richard Anderson Photography at www.raphoto.me

Comment

Working...
                        X