Flown the nest - kind of!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flown the nest - kind of!

Missing my girl so much - 1st holiday away without the parents, A levels finished, 10 days in Cyprus with 12 friends. I am strangely looking forward to a suitcase of dirty laundry....

To be born Welsh is to be born privileged. Not with a silver spoon in your mouth, but music in your blood and poetry in your soul.

Re: Flown the nest - kind of!

Gosh, I remember Beth's first holiday with her mates, like your daughter straight after A levels, it was an anxious couple of weeks, but she had a great time.

And I hope Exeter Uni comes off for her, she will have a great time at Uni, a long hard slog for three years, but lots of fun and adventures alongside the workload to compensate.

Lovely portrait BTW
    Concentrate on equipment and you'll take technically good photographs. Concentrate on seeing the light's magic colours and your images will stir the soul. - Jack Dykinga
    Light makes photography. Embrace light. Admire it. Love it. But above all, know light. Know it for all you are worth, and you will know the key to photography- George Eastman

Comment

Lovely BW.

Yes I remember when both my girls got married. The oldest 10 years ago, the youngest 6 years ago, and I still miss them.

Tom

Comment

Look on the bright side - you've lost a daughter but gained a Bathroom
        Nice mono portrait

Mike
        www.mstphoto.zenfolio.com

http://www.flickr.com/photos/27554645@N05/

Comment

Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
          Di's Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by SamFisher View Post
            Look on the bright side - you've lost a daughter but gained a Bathroom
            A "glass half full" kinda guy!

My eldest is only 5½ and has just finished her first year at school. Can't believe how quick the time has gone.

Great portrait, one for the wall,

Garry
            Garry Macdonald on Flickr
            Garry Macdonald on Facebook

Comment

Working...
            X