An evening at Whitstable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

An evening at Whitstable

A few of us get together once a month for a 2 hr photo session, last night we went to Whitstable with Sam and Dina to take a few portraits, these are a couple of mine, taken with 5D3, 70-300L and a single flash to provide a little infill. C&C welcome

Sam

Dina

Re: An evening at Whitstable

Very dramatic, I really like #1.

I may have been inclined to put a 1/2 CTO on the flash though, as I feel the flash is a little harsh.
    Steve's kit - Canon 6D/EG-D/BG-E13/60D/EF-D/BG-E9/600 EX-RT/17-40L/24-105L/40/100L/70-200L/70-300/2x iii/Sigma 8-16/Yongnuo YN-568EX (x2)/YN560EX II/YN622C-TX/YN622C (x4)

Comment

I do like these well done 👏👏

There's a school of thought that is around "if its there and in an image leave it in" but... my eye keeps going to the figures on the shoreline in both images rather than the main subject matter. They are both still great images helped by that sky.
      Peter

Feel free to browse my
      Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/the_original_st/

Comment

Very well done

Tom

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Thanks for looking and commenting Steve, Peter and Tom. I debated e about removing the people on the shoreline and didn't I will now go and have a play to see which version I prefer

Comment

Only just seen these Ian, I rather like them, as mentioned above I think I would have removed the figures on the shore, I wonder if also you could have had the subject in #1 a fraction further back so her feet were not hidden? May have had an effect on her sky positioning though.

I really like #2, very clever image.

Regards Paul

Comment

Paul,

Thanks for commenting, I noticed only after I had taken a couple of shots of Sam that her feet were hidden so when we took some shots of Sam and Dina together I made sure their toes were visible as per this shot. I also have now taken out the people at the shoreline and agree that the images are better without them

Comment

Working...
              X