Fun in the Sun...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fun in the Sun...

The children belong to two very good friends who were kind enough to allow me to post these images here for your ever-so useful constructive thoughts and comments.

Lottie is the younger sister of Bella, the model I used in my motion blur experiment. I would have liked to have used some fill in flash or a reflector, however I didn't have either with me or able to get near enough for the built-in flash unit due to my current physical ability. I am going to buy a reflector at some point.

1. Tamron @ 70mm - 1/800 @ f/5.0 - ISO 400

lottie-jo-4 by Tom Bennett Photography, on Flickr

2. Tamron @ 250mm - 1/1250 @ f/5.6 - ISO 800 (I used a high shutter speed as young Jo was bouncing on the edge of the pool).

lottie-jo-3 by Tom Bennett Photography, on Flickr

3. Tamron @ 70mm - 1/800 @ f/5.0 - ISO 400

lottie-jo-2 by Tom Bennett Photography, on Flickr

4. Tamron @ 70mm - 1/640 @ f/5.0 - ISO 400

lottie-jo-1 by Tom Bennett Photography, on Flickr

I look forward to your comments and thoughts.
    TomB.
    Last edited by tombennett; 28-07-2013, 13:27.
    Am I qualified to comment on others!

Canon EOS-60D - EF 24-105mm f4
    L IS USM - Tamron Adaptall2 500mm f/8 with 2x converter - Meike Speedlight MK950 - LEE Filters: professional kit, ND Grad (hard) .3 .6 .9, Coral 4 hard grad & cir-pol 105 - CarrySpeed sling.

Tom Bennett Photography on Flickr

Re: Fun in the Sun...

All good Tom, I bet your friends are well pleased, lovely colours and light.

F8 might have been a bit better for the ones where one is behind the other to extend the DOF, still good though.

Regards Paul

Comment

Hello Paul, thanks for stopping by and commenting. F8, you're right I should have looked at DoF properly, I was concentrating on composition and lost focus on my aperture settings.

Yeh they are really pleased with them, I know there are things I could have done better such as more awareness of the sun's position which can be seen on one of Lottie's arms.

TomB.

L IS USM - Tamron Adaptall2 500mm f/8 with 2x converter - Meike Speedlight MK950 - LEE Filters: professional kit, ND Grad (hard) .3 .6 .9, Coral 4 hard grad & cir-pol 105 - CarrySpeed sling.

Comment

Nicely done

Tom

Comment

Thanks Tom.

Comment

Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
            Di's Flickr

Comment

Working...
            X