Gate crashed a wedding today. Kidding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gate crashed a wedding today. Kidding

I was down at Luss in Loch Lomond and heard the bagpipes so I ran up to the parish church and there was a wedding on. I hung around in the crowd and started snapping a few shots. my fave of the day was this one.

Bridesmaid by Campsie Photography, on Flickr

I've contacted the church to see if they can tell the couple to take the pics off my FB page if they want. Might not need them but its sometimes nice to get a different perspective to the day.

The rest of the photos are here

Was a lot of fun and got to give the new lens a workout. It preformed better than I could keep up.

Paul
    Fuji X-T1 | 1D IV
    www.campsie.photography

Re: Gate crashed a wedding today. Kidding

Paul.

Tom

Comment

Some beautiful shots there Paul.I would think the bride and groom would love to have a copy of them ..
      [ Canon 1DX ] [ 70-200 f2.8 L is II ] [ 300 f4 L is usm ] [ 50 mm f1.8 II ] [ 24-105 f4 L is ] [ Speedlite 430 ] [Yongnuo 568 ex II flash ] [ Yongnuo flash triggers ] [ Cokin P filters] [ Giottos Silk Road GYTL8384 carbon tripod ] [ Photoshop CS5 ] ... Wish list Canon EF 500 mm f/4 L IS USM.

Some nice gear, but not much idea ... https://www.flickr.com/photos/123175589@N03/

Comment

I contacted the church and they are going to send my email on. At least its a different perspective to a stressful day :)
        Fuji X-T1 | 1D IV
        www.campsie.photography

Comment

Some OK images on your facebook selection Paul, but most of the 'people' shots are suffering from harsh light, consequently hard/unattractive shadows, the wedding car coming up the drive is an excellent image.

I accept that it was a 'try-out' for your new lens, and in that respect, it works, nearly all are crisp , clear and balanced, obviously you didn't have any control over the light, hopefully the 'official' tog was using some fill flash to kill those shadows?
          Concentrate on equipment and you'll take technically good photographs. Concentrate on seeing the light's magic colours and your images will stir the soul. - Jack Dykinga
          Light makes photography. Embrace light. Admire it. Love it. But above all, know light. Know it for all you are worth, and you will know the key to photography- George Eastman

Comment

Originally posted by Les McLean View Post
            Some OK images on your facebook selection Paul, but most of the 'people' shots are suffering from harsh light, consequently hard/unattractive shadows, the wedding car coming up the drive is an excellent image.

I accept that it was a 'try-out' for your new lens, and in that respect, it works, nearly all are crisp , clear and balanced, obviously you didn't have any control over the light, hopefully the 'official' tog was using some fill flash to kill those shadows?
            Cheers Les, I spotted the harsh light and was troubled to find a solution at the time. I had no idea about the sunny16 rule, however, my gut feeling is that it would not have helped here.

the tog didn't have a flash and was wandering aimlessly in the crowd not taking pics. I don't know where he felt it was too harsh or not.
            Fuji X-T1 | 1D IV
            www.campsie.photography

Comment

Originally posted by Paulstw View Post
              .... heard the bagpipes so I ran up to the parish church and there was a wedding on.
              You rushed towards the sound of bagpipes?
              Regards ,
              Norman

Comment

Originally posted by Norman View Post
                You rushed towards the sound of bagpipes?
                Where there's bagpipes there's a wedding in Scotland lol.

Normally hate the sound of them 90% of the time though.
                Fuji X-T1 | 1D IV
                www.campsie.photography

Comment

A Scot who hates the sound of bagpipes? Now that's got to be a first. I was joking earlier, we spend most of our holidays in the Highlands and/or Islands and love to hear them now and again.
                  Regards ,
                  Norman

Comment

Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
                    Di's Flickr

Comment

Working...
                    X