University Girl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

University Girl

My baby Girl has finally grown up as she starts her university life at Exeter, I will be packing the rest of her belongings to take to her on Saturday after a week of pre-season Lacrosse training.......How do you let go ? My heart is breaking...

To be born Welsh is to be born privileged. Not with a silver spoon in your mouth, but music in your blood and poetry in your soul.

Re: University Girl

I wish I could tell you, as I had to go through that twice, then have to give them away when they got married.

But the image is stunningly done

Tom

Comment

Lovely photo - one for the record
      ef-r

Comment

You don't have to let go, she won't be letting go of you anytime soon - just taking extended periods away, she'll be back at Xmas :-)

My Son is just about to go back this weekend to start his second year - North Wales to London - about as far as South Wales to Exeter I think. That first year went by in a nanosecond with several visits by us to him and of course him coming home for holidays. When you add to this the technology that we all now have - like skype, facebook, G+hangouts etc - you will find yourself in regular video contact, and thoroughly enjoying sharing her new life-experiences, but with a bit of quiet space in between

you will still be needed for support, pat yourself on the back for helping her get this far, you are not letting go, just embracing the next chapter.

Lovely picture by the way

Ian
        EOS 600d, ef 18-55 is kit lens, 50 mm 1.8 mkii, Tamron 70-300, 430EXii

Comment

Yes, my first daughter is just starting her second year in Edinburgh. A hall last year and a shared flat this year. I still think it is only yesterday that we were in Queen Charlotte's in London and I was holding this little bundle!!! Time does fly. But, barely a few days go past without a phone call, text or other contact. And as Ian says, even Edinburgh to Marlow, we have a good number of visits.

Beautiful photograph!

Richard
          Richard Anderson Photography at www.raphoto.me

Comment

Working...
          X