Experiments with split toning.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Experiments with split toning.

I've been playing with the split toning feature in ACR. How do you do this in CS6?

It's very easy to end up with something garish, has anyone got any tips?

Erin:
    uploadfromtaptalk1379358001292.jpg

Re: Experiments with split toning.

No idea how you do it in CS6 but if this shot is anything to go by then I am not sure the effect is right for portraits anyway

Stan
    Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
    flickr

Comment

Hi Stan,

I quite like some of the effects - even for portraits. Still playing with it.

I'd like to do it in photoshop so I can use layers.

Comment

I think this is a great effect for portraits. It might be a tad garish here, but it can work REALLY well. Having said that, I don't do it in CS6, I use LR5.2, where it is staggeringly easy, and you can play for hours with the two tones you choose and the saturation of both and the relative strength. Plus there are loads of presets. Here is one I have shown elsewhere on the forum:

2Y2A5866-32.jpg by RCARCARCA, on Flickr

So, bottom line, I cannot answer your specific question, but definitley persevere!

Good luck

Richard
        Richard Anderson Photography at www.raphoto.me

Comment

I agree with Richard, it's easy to overdo split-toning, but LR has some nice (and subtle) presets which I use sometimes on B&W images. Looking online, it seems split-toning in Photoshop is a bit of a palaver though!
          Steve's kit - Canon 6D/EG-D/BG-E13/60D/EF-D/BG-E9/600 EX-RT/17-40L/24-105L/40/100L/70-200L/70-300/2x iii/Sigma 8-16/Yongnuo YN-568EX (x2)/YN560EX II/YN622C-TX/YN622C (x4)

Comment

Another one done in LR5:

[/url]
            The shoe shop by RCARCARCA, on Flickr

Sorry - I will stop adding them, but for me it can be such a powerful tool, and if you don't have LR I would almost get it just for this.

Richard
            Richard Anderson Photography at www.raphoto.me

Comment

Working...
            X