Joy of life

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Joy of life

Occasionally I take a photo that I really like. This one of my daughter just makes me smile when I see it. Technically maybe not the best, but I like to think I have caught some of the essence of childhood.
    Originally taken in colour but seems to look so much better in B&W.

Pictures taken on a Canon 550D with an EFS 15-85mm f3.5/5.6 USM Lens

Kevin

1/320sec @ f8 ISO 400 FL 63mm

[/URL]

Re: Joy of life

What strikes me about pictures of my two daughters is a real sense of loss. They'll never be like that ever again and the sense that you have lost someone gets worse as they get older.

Photos can be great to remember but also can bring strange feelings up. My two daughters are 14 & 12 and pics from when they were 5 & 6 are haunting in some way. Hard to explain.

Great pic, one she'll get a red face at when she's a teen and want on her wall as an adult :)
    Fuji X-T1 | 1D IV
    www.campsie.photography

Comment

A super photo, captures the essence of childhood well

Stan
      Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
      flickr

Comment

Really very good indeed.

Regards Paul

Comment

Nice one Kev .......
          [ Canon 1DX ] [ 70-200 f2.8 L is II ] [ 300 f4 L is usm ] [ 50 mm f1.8 II ] [ 24-105 f4 L is ] [ Speedlite 430 ] [Yongnuo 568 ex II flash ] [ Yongnuo flash triggers ] [ Cokin P filters] [ Giottos Silk Road GYTL8384 carbon tripod ] [ Photoshop CS5 ] ... Wish list Canon EF 500 mm f/4 L IS USM.

Some nice gear, but not much idea ... https://www.flickr.com/photos/123175589@N03/

Comment

yes thats what happens with daughters ,a great shot portrays that innocence of children lots of joy in her face good capture

Comment

The title says it all, a lovely expression on her face.

Comment

Originally posted by Paulstw View Post
                What strikes me about pictures of my two daughters is a real sense of loss. They'll never be like that ever again and the sense that you have lost someone gets worse as they get older.

Photos can be great to remember but also can bring strange feelings up. My two daughters are 14 & 12 and pics from when they were 5 & 6 are haunting in some way. Hard to explain.

Great pic, one she'll get a red face at when she's a teen and want on her wall as an adult :)
                Thanks for the comment Paul.
                I don't have any those same feelings that you have when looking back (not a criticism). I try to enjoy those times as they happen and then look fondly back (hopefully) to those times. Probably, the downside is, as time passes, it reminds me of my own mortality.

Kevin

Comment

Thanks all for the comments.

Kevin

Comment

That's a great picture, a perfect 'moment in time' that will last forever.
                    Concentrate on equipment and you'll take technically good photographs. Concentrate on seeing the light's magic colours and your images will stir the soul. - Jack Dykinga
                    Light makes photography. Embrace light. Admire it. Love it. But above all, know light. Know it for all you are worth, and you will know the key to photography- George Eastman

Comment

Thanks Les - appreciated.

Kevin

Comment

Working...
                      X