My youngest daughter Robyn (12)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My youngest daughter Robyn (12)

For some reason Flickr has done away with the BBcode, or I can't find it.

Anyhow, jumped down to Loch Lomond on Saturday with my daughter Robyn to get some shots. She loves being in front of the camera so It's good practice for me.

My daughter during a little photoshoot at Loch Lomond.

I've searched all over the new Flickr layout, but the sharing links only allow you to FB, tweet, pin, email or wordpress the image.

Very disappointed if they do away with BBcode. It's the mainstay of sharing on a forum for me.

Anyway, the light was fantastic down at the water.

Used the sun to light her hair and used off camera flash on a stand to light her face. 70-200 was used too.

Paul
    Fuji X-T1 | 1D IV
    www.campsie.photography

Re: My youngest daughter Robyn (12)

Second is a peach Paul, good use of light and fill.
    First I find that FG blob (wood?) distracts a touch.
    Concentrate on equipment and you'll take technically good photographs. Concentrate on seeing the light's magic colours and your images will stir the soul. - Jack Dykinga
    Light makes photography. Embrace light. Admire it. Love it. But above all, know light. Know it for all you are worth, and you will know the key to photography- George Eastman

Comment

Very nice Paul, natural and flash light working well together.

I can still see your BB Code I'll copy to this post for others to see more easier

#1 All images taken by Campsie Photography

Robyn by Campsie Photography, on Flickr

#2 All images taken by Campsie Photography

If you find your code I'll remove from this post.

Paul
      EOS 1Dx, - EF 24-105L f4,- Sigma 135 f1.8 Art - EF 400L IS f2.8, - Speedlite 430EXII.
      Freelance Sports Photographer for local Press - https://twitter.com/P_linton99

Comment

Both very nice Paul, but the second is the winner, lovely pose and lighting, how nice to have a willing subject, very pretty too, I suppose she must take after her Mum!!

Regards Paul

Comment

Cheers for posting that. I let Flickr upgrade me to the new photo gallery layouts, similar to the G+ layouts. Don't do it.

Second is my fave too. Everyone was asking if I was shooting for a catalogue for autumn wear. Didn't know if that was a compliment or a piss take lol

Originally posted by Les McLean View Post
          Second is a peach Paul, good use of light and fill.
          First I find that FG blob (wood?) distracts a touch.
          Yes it does a bit. It's the exposed root of the milarrochy bay tree.
          Fuji X-T1 | 1D IV
          www.campsie.photography

Comment

Originally posted by pelliott1954 View Post
            Both very nice Paul, but the second is the winner, lovely pose and lighting, how nice to have a willing subject, very pretty too, I suppose she must take after her Mum!!

Regards Paul
            I posed her in the first shot. She jumped up onto the rock and posed for the second shot lol. Yes she's like her mum in looks, thankfully not in personality lol
            Fuji X-T1 | 1D IV
            www.campsie.photography

Comment

I love them both. They have a real warmth to them and very Scottish too :)

Agree about the bright spot in the first. Perhaps just use the adjustment brush in LR on that to reduce exposure a touch, and reduce clarity to the minimum. After my recent success using the trial of silver efex pro I'm going to take a look at color efex pro next because I have a feeling it would be perfect for little bits of touching up like that.

Great shots Paul.
              Flickr: www.flickr.com/photos/leerigby/

Comment

Beautiful images of a beautiful girl.
                Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
                Di's Flickr

Comment

Both aver very nice images Paul, but the 2nd image rocks. A very nice pose and very well taken

Tom

Comment

They are great paul, really nice light. Was the flash gelled?
                    EOS 600d, ef 18-55 is kit lens, 50 mm 1.8 mkii, Tamron 70-300, 430EXii

Comment

No flash gel was used. I used the stofen on the flash head which kind of makes the light more daylight.
                      Fuji X-T1 | 1D IV
                      www.campsie.photography

Comment

Originally posted by Paulstw View Post
                        For some reason Flickr has done away with the BBcode, or I can't find it.
                        At the bottom of the black Flikr screen you should see in icon that looks like a box with an arrow pointing out - this is the 'More ways to share' option. Click on that then select 'Grab the HTML/BBCode' at the botom of the dialog. Click the BBCode option below the two list boxes, select the size to link then click on the3 code that appears, copy and paste in your post...

Nigel

You may know me from Another Place....

The new ElSid Photogallery...

Equipment: Far too much to list - including lots of Nikon...

Comment

Yeah I have that now swapping back to the old layouts. They've taken it away on the new picture gallery layout.
                          Fuji X-T1 | 1D IV
                          www.campsie.photography

Comment

Comment

Working...
                            X