Not safe to cross

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not safe to cross

I've been playing around with the Portra 400 film preset in Lightroom and I think it gives a really nice effect to well lit street scenes. This was taken in Glasgow today. I waited for the right moment to pass. I got taxis passing, trucks and all sorts but somehow this bus just made it work because you can see through the windows to the people on the other side of the road.

Look both ways by campsiephoto, on Flickr

The guy on the right is a bit close to the edge of the frame for my liking but the rest of the scene I like.

Paul
    Fuji X-T1 | 1D IV
    www.campsie.photography

Re: Not safe to cross

Not too bad at all, as you say the window and it's view through helps add interest.
    Andy

Comment

Interesting image Paul. I like the fact that you're advertising on the sides of buses now!
      Canon 5DMKII | Canon 550D | EF 50mm f/1.8 II | EF 35 f/2 IS USM | EF 85 f/1.8 USM | Speedlite 430EX II | 2x Yongnuo YN-622C | MacBook Pro 2.7GHz i7 | Lightroom 5 | Hama Traveller Mini Pro Tripod | Lowepro Stealth Reporter D400W | Flickr | 500px | Website

Comment

Originally posted by lone pilgrim View Post
        Interesting image Paul. I like the fact that you're advertising on the sides of buses now!

Yeah I like it ... love the advertising too !!.
        [ Canon 1DX ] [ 70-200 f2.8 L is II ] [ 300 f4 L is usm ] [ 50 mm f1.8 II ] [ 24-105 f4 L is ] [ Speedlite 430 ] [Yongnuo 568 ex II flash ] [ Yongnuo flash triggers ] [ Cokin P filters] [ Giottos Silk Road GYTL8384 carbon tripod ] [ Photoshop CS5 ] ... Wish list Canon EF 500 mm f/4 L IS USM.

Some nice gear, but not much idea ... https://www.flickr.com/photos/123175589@N03/

Comment

Like the image Paul. Would be nice to see the original to stare and compare the processing.

Tom

Comment

Originally posted by lone pilgrim View Post
            lol yeah I thought I'd try some motion blur with the sig. Hope it didn't distract too much.
            Fuji X-T1 | 1D IV
            www.campsie.photography

Comment

Is there no end to your talents? I like this!
              Canon EOS 6D Mk II, 700D, Canon 24-105mm L, 100-400mm, 100mm f2.8 L Macro.

Comment

Originally posted by Jock View Post
                Is there no end to your talents? I like this!
                Appreciate it :) Just a regular Joe taking pics :)
                Fuji X-T1 | 1D IV
                www.campsie.photography

Comment

Working...
                X