First wedding done

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: First wedding done

I see you're being pinned down for a few more yet from your FB page so well done.
    Fuji X-T1 | 1D IV
    www.campsie.photography

Comment

Originally posted by Paulstw View Post
      I see you're being pinned down for a few more yet from your FB page so well done.
      Thanks Paul I think the ones on the facebook page probably won't come to much but we will see.
      1Dmk2, Canon 70-200 f4 L Non-IS & a borrowed canon 28mm

Flickr
      Facebook
      www.paulraybouldphotography.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by paulr5604 View Post
        Thanks Paul I think the ones on the facebook page probably won't come to much but we will see.
        Just a little tip for you Paul - if your looking at marketing yourself as a wedding photographer on your blog posting for your last wedding change the page titles as right now your not helping yourself if someone was to search for wedding photographers - Change the title to have the name of the venue and photographer / photographers / - also drop your name thats a waste ... sadly this is the work I do all day

I would change it too "Pavilion Hotel Fulford York Wedding photographer"
        :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

Originally posted by Tigger View Post
          Just a little tip for you Paul - if your looking at marketing yourself as a wedding photographer on your blog posting for your last wedding change the page titles as right now your not helping yourself if someone was to search for wedding photographers - Change the title to have the name of the venue and photographer / photographers / - also drop your name thats a waste ... sadly this is the work I do all day

I would change it too "Pavilion Hotel Fulford York Wedding photographer"
          Thanks for the Tip Ian I have updated my blog post as per your suggestion thank you.

There probably is easier ways to make money, however I think that I have the bug now I thoroughly enjoyed it

Flickr
          Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by paulr5604 View Post
            Thanks for the Tip Ian I have updated my blog post as per your suggestion thank you.

There probably is easier ways to make money, however I think that I have the bug now I thoroughly enjoyed it
            no problem - when adding your blog postings try to think about the town / location and use that within the title - it will help you and hopefully get you more inquires - I would also recommend installing a stats program so that you can monitor your traffic and see the pages and keywords people use to find your site - a free one is http://statcounter.com/ and very good and use it on my clients sites - there is a blog plug in for it as well

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

Comment

Thanks for that Ian is statcounter the same as google webmaster tools as I am using that at the moment

Flickr
              Facebook

Comment

yes, although personally I prefer statcounter as I find the interface better - but G tools will give you data you need

Comment

Paul, well done for taking that on, and you've created a very nice set of images that they should rightly be pleased with. Glad it hasn't put you off doing more!
                  Canon EOS 7D
                  EF-S 10-22mm 1:3.5-4.5 USM, EF 24-105mm 1:4 L IS USM, EF 50mm 1:1.8, EF 70-300mm 1:4-5.6 IS USM
                  Luminar 4, Aurora HDR Pro, Silver Efex
                  flickr: http://flic.kr/ps/LXWuy

Comment

Originally posted by AlexR! View Post
                    Paul, well done for taking that on, and you've created a very nice set of images that they should rightly be pleased with. Glad it hasn't put you off doing more!
                    Thanks Alex

Flickr
                    Facebook

Comment

Enjoyed looking at them. With a mix of some fairly traditional poses to the reportage style.

If there was one thing that didn't work for me... it was the radiator behind the bride in the window shots. But then, where's a plumber when you need one.

Hope it leads on to many more for you.
                      Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
                      Di's Flickr

Comment

Thanks Di

Flickr
                        Facebook

Comment

I actually find weddings a lot more stressful than doing press stuff or football. Purely due to that fact Di. Things in the background that you need to watch out for. In news pics you cannot touch anything, so you can get away with it. lol
                          Fuji X-T1 | 1D IV
                          www.campsie.photography

Comment

Originally posted by Paulstw View Post
                            I actually find weddings a lot more stressful than doing press stuff or football. Purely due to that fact Di. Things in the background that you need to watch out for. In news pics you cannot touch anything, so you can get away with it. lol
                            you do have to work with what you have with wedding and often with time restraints its a case of adjust the dress, TRY to get the brides attention and take the photo, whilst at the same time thinking where you need to be next and "oh shit" was the flash on ...so much stress LOL

Comment

I know what you mean Paul someone left a pushchair next to the doorway at the top of the aisle so it was in every picture of the bridal party walking down the aisle. I didn't even see it on the day I only saw it was I uploaded the photos Doh! If I had seen it on the day it would have saved me a couple of hours in post

Flickr
                              Facebook

Comment

IMHO it's a brave man or woman that does wedding photography, the risk of disappointing would be far too high for me to consider and it's not like you can go back the next week and do it again...

As an aside, my wife and I along with a dozen other members of the bride's family, went to a wedding a couple of years back. The bride's mum and sisters were all bridesmaids, which is important to remember. Of we go to take the post-ceremony photographs and as you'd expect there are loads of photos of the bride and groom with and without bridesmaids. Then loads of the bride and groom and grooms family, which was fine. And then they called us all in for dinner ending the shoot.

So I don't know if the bride ever noticed that when she looked at the photographers work, that while she had all her close family and his extended family, there were no photographs of her aunt and uncle, their spouses and any of the large number of cousins that travelled from all over the south east to get to the wedding. Or if they did, they blamed the photographer for not getting the shots perhaps. As it is, I don't think we have any shots of the wedding other than those I took - my wife was relatively relaxed on the surface but underneath I think she was seething and she does bear a grudge in spite of what she says.

Actually, bringing it back on topic, my wife and I didn't use a photographer when we married (no cash for it) so does the photographer usually get a checklist of shots the bride and groom want to have taken or does the bride's mother and bride (and groom if allowed ) usually just drive the selection of shots on demand as the day goes on?
                                EOS 7D mk II, Sigma 150-660C, Canon 17-85 EF-S, Tamron 10-24 and a wife who shares my obsession.

Comment

Working...
                                X