• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Father

5D, 24-105,iso200
    ef-r

Re: My Father

A lovely portrait of your dad Brian the harsh lighting didn't help you, one for the family album l think.

Comment

A nice image for the album Brian

Tom

Comment

The light is a bit fierce Brian, did you try dropping the Highlights or even Exposure in LR or similar?
        Russell
        Canon 7D MkII, 550D EF 24-105mm f/4.0L IS USM, EF 70-200mm f/4.0L IS USM, EF 100mm f/2.8L IS USM Macro, 300mm f/4L IS USM, Extender EF 1.4x III, Speedlite 600 EX-RT Speedlite 320EX
        http://www.flickr.com/photos/photorussell

Comment

Originally posted by Columbarius View Post
          The light is a bit fierce Brian, did you try dropping the Highlights or even Exposure in LR or similar?
          agree, lovely shot but needs some TLC
          :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

This was difficult to get the light right due the strong sun and shadow - however it does work better when printed. I have found over the years that the low res PC image is difficult to get right - especially as each screen shows differently, depending on the screen size and manufacturer, screen contrast/brightness/ settings and the computer settings.

I set everything right for my printer and use that - a compromise, I know - but the best guess I can make
            ef-r

Comment

I wouldn't be worried about the Harsh light, yes the rim of the Hat is a bit blown as is a bit of his shoulder, but so what, it doesn't affect the content or the story of the Pic, the important part i.e. the Face looks fine (on my Monitor)to me, the Pic tells the story of an Elderly Gentleman enjoying himself on a lovely Summers day!!

I wish my Dad was here for me to do similar.

Regards Paul

Comment

Working...
              X