X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Charcoal Drawing

Charcoal Drawing by KW Digital Images, on Flickr
    Canon EOS 100D and EF28-105mm f/3.5-4.5 USM

A photograph, taken in Piazza Navona, Rome, of a charcoal or pencil drawing with only a hint of colour in the eyes.
    The work of a talented artist that impressed me enough to stop and take the photograph.

Kieran

Re: A Charcoal Drawing

WOW. Some great talent.
    Neil

Comment

Yep a wow from me too,what an exceptional talent

Comment

Looks just like a photograph of the couple rather than a drawing - some talent the guys has got

Stan
        Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
        flickr

Comment

Well spotted Kieran, what an artist
          Chris

60D, EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS, EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM, EF100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM,
          EF 50mm f/1.8 II, Sigma 10-20mm f3.5 EX DC

Comment

Very well done.

Tom

Comment

I'm troubled by this post. Yes the artist is a great talent.
              I take it that the artist is not you Kieran?
              Did you buy the work?
              Did you pay to photograph it?
              Did you get the artist permission to photograph it?
              If not how can you legitimately put a copyright mark on the image?
              Many of us struggle with protecting the copyright of our photographs this appears a blatant breach of the artist rights.
              If you had put something else in the image say the artist or a wider view of his shop that to me would have been ok
              Martyn

EOS 5D mkll, EOS 60D, EF 24-105mm f/4L IS, EF 16-35mm f/2.8L, EF 70-200mm f/4 L IS

Comment

Originally posted by Martyn View Post
                I'm troubled by this post. Yes the artist is a great talent.
                I take it that the artist is not you Kieran?
                Did you buy the work?
                Did you pay to photograph it?
                Did you get the artist permission to photograph it?
                If not how can you legitimately put a copyright mark on the image?
                Many of us struggle with protecting the copyright of our photographs this appears a blatant breach of the artist rights.
                If you had put something else in the image say the artist or a wider view of his shop that to me would have been ok
                The artist is not me, and is not known to me, and I did not buy the work.

The work, with many others, was on display in a main public square (Piazza Navona, Rome, as stated) where photography is the norm.

The mark I have is on the photograph which I took, and not the charcoal drawing, and is merely an acknowledgment of my photographic skills on a trip to Rome (limited though those skills may be) and is not in ANY way a copyright of the original canvas drawing.
                In fact, I state the provenance of the work VERY clearly in my original post, and that I was so taken with the work that I stopped to take the photograph.

All praise in my post, and in subsequent comments, has gone to the original unknown artist.

Comment

Working...
                X